January 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note it is interesting that they were willing to ship them direct to you in Australia. I had an issue with a brush I purchased and that is when Brad decided that he no longer ships outside of the US. He refused to replace the faulty brush based on this. He did provide other options (one of which I accepted after some haggling) but I felt that the refusal to make a replacement was poor.

Further to this, he now cites you as the reason that he will no longer ship internationally. He told me this when I ordered my two latest brushes that Lee is going to send to me.

Further to this, he now cites you as the reason that he will no longer ship internationally. He told me this when I ordered my two latest brushes that Lee is going to send to me.
So they are shipping brushes to you as well? Did they actually tell you that was the reason or are you pork chopping me?

I guess good customer service is not pet of the arrangement.

So they are shipping brushes to you as well? Did they actually tell you that was the reason or are you pork chopping me?

Yes they are shipping to me, I have bought 5 brushes from them now including the recent order. I am thinking I might pick up one of the new Polos in Ebony or Butterscotch (the ivory one I posted the other day is one of the old Sabini 32mm brushes) in 28mmm or 30mm.

Pork Chopping in relation to the reason for not shipping, but they did stop offering it around the time your experience occurred :D in fairness (as we discussed) I think a number of other people had similar if not the same disappointing interactions with them around the same time so they thought they would cut their losses given the shipping costs - there are only so many 'ready to buy' brushes they can afford to have on hand...

I guess good customer service is not pet of the arrangement.

I know first hand how bad your customer service experience was, and more so that the goods you paid a premium for were very lack luster at best, and in all fairness defective as to finish. My colour choices are more classic with the M&F brushes so I do not encounter the problems you and other people have had with the polishing/turning issues. I also find their knots exceptionally good, they have a place in my collection for the particular qualities they enjoy that set them apart from Declaration, Paladin etc. which themselves have their own individual strengths.

Yes they are shipping to me, I have bought 5 brushes from them now including the recent order. I am thinking I might pick up one of the new Polos in Ebony or Butterscotch (the ivory one I posted the other day is one of the old Sabini 32mm brushes) in 28mmm or 30mm.

Pork Chopping in relation to the reason for not shipping, but they did stop offering it around the time your experience occurred :D in fairness (as we discussed) I think a number of other people had similar if not the same disappointing interactions with them around the same time so they thought they would cut their losses given the shipping costs - there are only so many 'ready to buy' brushes they can afford to have on hand...

I know first hand how bad your customer service experience was, and more so that the goods you paid a premium for were very lack luster at best, and in all fairness defective as to finish. My colour choices are more classic with the M&F brushes so I do not encounter the problems you and other people have had with the polishing/turning issues. I also find their knots exceptionally good, they have a place in my collection for the particular qualities they enjoy that set them apart from Declaration, Paladin etc. which themselves have their own individual strengths.
IMO you either ship internationally or you do not. Putting a notice on your website that you do not ship internationally to avoid the cost of replacing a faulty brush and then shipping brushes internationally when contacted and asked to do so is extremely poor form.

IMO you either ship internationally or you do not. Putting a notice on your website that you do not ship internationally to avoid the cost of replacing a faulty brush and then shipping brushes internationally when contacted and asked to do so is extremely poor form.

I agree for the most part however I think it's a case of them developing and continuing relationships with certain customers along the same lines as what Simpson do. A move away from the model of 'come and get them everyone' to focusing on the US market in particular and retaining those international customers who spend up with the company.

I agree for the most part however I think it's a case of them developing and continuing relationships with certain customers along the same lines as what Simpson do. A move away from the model of 'come and get them everyone' to focusing on the US market in particular and retaining those international customers who spend up with the company.
Every customer should be treated equally.

Bottom line you either do or do not ship internationally. The move to not ship internationally was clearly a ploy to avoid the responsibility of making a wrong right. I should not have to “spend up” to get what I have paid for.

@todras, @nsavage
I did encounter a minor issue. I ordered 2 finest and ended up with a blonde. But I am not complaining.

Your definition of a minor issue not to be complained about, and my definition of a minor issue requiring hell to be raised are worlds apart my friend :LOL:

Blonde and finest are two very different beasts!

@todras I have never used a blond knot. Brad have even taken the discription down.

Haven’t used them yet so not sure what the differences are.

@todras I have never used a blond knot. Brad have even taken the discription down.

Haven’t used them yet so not sure what the differences are.
I would have a think about how much the brush costs before I accepted any fault or error. If you made an error in your profession would your customers expect you to correct it?

I would have a think about how much the brush costs before I accepted any fault or error. If you made an error in your profession would your customers expect you to correct it?

Up to a point. I work in production support and service management and there are limits and science behind it.

If big national businesses can’t deliver a perfect product why would I expect Brad to do so. His business exploded before he had time to mature his systems. I don’t want to break an artisan over a small defect. If he learns from it then we are all better off. As long as the blonde preforms well I am happy.

@nsavage you're better off getting a Maseto if you're still worried about cost for one brush, would you agree to this option ?

Otherwise you'll be a pork chop if you keep going in the same direction again.

Up to a point. I work in production support and service management and there are limits and science behind it.

If big national businesses can’t deliver a perfect product why would I expect Brad to do so. His business exploded before he had time to mature his systems. I don’t want to break an artisan over a small defect. If he learns from it then we are all better off. As long as the blonde preforms well I am happy.
You are certainly a lot more forgiving than I. Brad charges a premium for his product. More than a lot of other artisans charge. I would expect his workmanship to be well and truly up to par if he thinks his brushes are worth what he asks for them.
@nsavage you're better off getting a Maseto if you're still worried about cost for one brush, would you agree to this option ?

Otherwise you'll be a pork chop if you keep going in the same direction again.
I have actually a better experience dealing with the Maseto retailer than I have with M&F. That being said I have no issues spending the $ for a premium product and I have no concerns about what a single brush may cost provided it is worth the asking price IMO. I just expect the quality to reflect the price I have paid.

I think it one of those, “you had one job!” situations.
Plus if u Fuk up then you fix it, very easy.
I’ve sent out a razor before, $76 not hugely expensive mind you I punched in the tracking incorrectly and aus Post lost it (big shock).

I used aus Post, I punched in the tracking so it’s my fault and I refunded the money, razor and postage cost and scent my sincere apologies.

Well, at the moment, Brad is saying I may have asked for a blonde. I asked for the record just to be sure. As I said it’s not a bother. At worst, if I don’t like it, it will hit the bst.

Tempt all those sabbatical buggers

Mail Call:- Today I received two GEM Micromatic Open Comb
m0126.gif
also the Clog-Pruf should arrived at my front door hopefully this Friday according to the postage tracking details.

I'm going to put the GEM Micromatic Open Comb on hold first, because I wanted to start using the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf to work my way up the aggressive shave feel since I enjoy the experience of the Bullet Tip
t2027.gif

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_20180112_095711.jpg

Nice overseas mail call day. I now have a good condition birth English Gillette Tech (U4), two packs of Irish NOS blades I've never heard of before AND 4 bottles of that amazingly popular cola scented Florida Water to try. It made sense money wise to get 4 rather than one. Unless I fall in love with it, there's a very good chance that 2 or 3 bottles will be available BST.

@Greenpike if you don't like the Florida Water let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.