June 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
Nearly half way through the month and no new thread? We are slacking!

And that includes you Drubbing, with your fancy new Omega brushes. Tsk tsk!

Not that I have bought anything shaving related. And indeed at my age, I shouldn't be buying toys like this.

Not quite a Vespa, but about 1/4 of the price of one. 2 years old with 450km on the clock for $2.5k. Not bad for Darwin prices.

Resized330x235_7257n2l_201.jpg

Last edited:

Not that I have bought anything shaving related. And indeed at my age, I shouldn't be buying toys like this.

Not quite a Vespa, but about 1/4 of the price of one. 2 years old with 450km on the clock for $2.5k. Not bad for Darwin prices.

attachment.php

I can't quite see what you've bought.

Alway wanted one of these 7 day sets. Just was high bid on eBay last nite. ~45$us (need to see them but might be an ok price)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370882483.006915.jpg

@eggbert - hey that looks really cool. Perfect for getting around Darwin I would have thought.

@ Johnus - I've always been curious about those sets. When it arrives tell us how it works!

Quiet month for me purchase wise. In relation to shaving gear only a purchase from Connaught:

1 x Muehle 31 M 536 Silvertip Fibre Black Aluminium 21 mm Travel Shaving Brush
1 x Proraso SANDALWOOD Shaving Cream Soap BOWL 150 ml
100 x Shark Super Stainless
1 x Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Balsam 100 ml

The travel brush will replace my current one when I get given it for Christmas :) I've seen one of the new synthetics and they are amazing and dry really quickly - perfect for travel!

Resized330x235_7257n2l_201.jpg

Nice scoot Egg!

I doubt that would move under my frame lol

I'll be the first to admit I am not that small either but it shifted pretty well with both me and Mrs Egg on the back (about 160kg between us).
It's never going to beat a proper sports bike but we got to 80 plenty fast with a lot to spare. Apparently capable of getting up to 130km/h but I only need it to be able to do 85-90 for my commute.

I'll be the first to admit I am not that small either ...

Really? I always imagined you to be like Vyvyan from the Young Ones - don't know why ....

I'll be the first to admit I am not that small either but it shifted pretty well with both me and Mrs Egg on the back (about 160kg between us).
It's never going to beat a proper sports bike but we got to 80 plenty fast with a lot to spare. Apparently capable of getting up to 130km/h but I only need it to be able to do 85-90 for my commute.

Sweet... I'm sure it will be a fine steed!

I would like an old Vespa but fear I would look Gorilla-ish on it!

Vespa or Lambretta would be my first choice too. But a lot of the old vespas you see on the road are cut and shut jobs done dodgily in Vietnam.
They have run out of the nice ones to do up so it's the real old clunkers that are coming out of that area now.
I seriously considered getting one until I started reading the talks of woe on the net. I actually considered it about 20 years ago when I still lived in the UK and was young and svelte. Back then it might have between worth it but sadly not any more I think

Really? I always imagined you to be like Vyvyan from the Young Ones - don't know why ....

And i had you pegged as the guy in the photo that drubbing (?) put on your profile so long ago.

Last edited:
Thanks to a trade with Drubbs, I have 10 packs of Polsilver SI's to try out.

Not used these before but looking forward to it.

No much shaving wise this month. I did get a rather nice wallet though:

[video=youtube;0ALeTHniMFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ALeTHniMFo[/video]

I like what it says on the business card included with it:

"They'll fight over it after you're dead"

No much shaving wise this month. I did get a rather nice wallet though:

I like what it says on the business card included with it:

"They'll fight over it after you're dead"

Saddleback make nice stuff, my wife has a large wallet, fits all her crap in it. Real heavy duty gear and nicely made.

Saddleback make nice stuff, my wife has a large wallet, fits all her crap in it. Real heavy duty gear and nicely made.

Agreed. I had my eye on this already, but I thought I'd check out what the local shops had on offer to compare. Looked at Hugo Boss, R.M Williams and quite a few others. Some nice ones in there (the Kangaroo leather R.M Williams wallet was pretty good) but it was three times the price of the Saddleback and not as well made.

My only issue with it is the lack of a coin compartment. I hate carrying coins around (and I know that they are the main thing that damage wallets) but unless Australia introduces (sorry, RE introduces) some smaller denomination notes I can see how to avoid it.

........For now I use a small aluminium wallet..........

That would give me a permanent bruise on my arse. Put coins loose in your pocket, then they fall out and get hidden underneath the couch pillows. Dig them out ocassionally and you feel like it's money for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.