March 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
23FpShhl.jpg

Perfect time of year for the Chypres @LukehGee :)

That's one thing I'm trying to understand, is what type of scents for what season / weather.

Also I got a surprise in the parcel locker today! I order this nearly 3 months ago!!!!!
This has done me now for the acquisitions (next will be one of the APR winter releases - Fenchurch sounds awesome)

beiykl.jpg

The Darkfall smells like nothing I have ever smelt before

qrjA9VXl.jpg

Picked these up today. I included my other Coolabah as I noticed the colour was different. The newer ones are the clearer ones and seems to have finer/smaller floaty bits. Has there been a change @todras ?

Fougere Bourbon Rose smells amazing. @Mark1966 brought it along to a meet last year and I knew I had to get a set when it was re-released. it will be what I use for my next shave.

That's one thing I'm trying to understand, is what type of scents for what season / weather.
Whatever smells good ;). There is no strict rules. Usually lighter scents for warmer/hotter weather and darker/heavier scents for winter. Though if you're in an office with air conditioning it won't really matter.
Spray less if unsure. In my opinion It's better people not notice the fragrance than force everyone to notice it.

Two stage filtration, composition is exactly the same.
Thanks for the info, I suspected that might have been the case (y). I was going to jokingly do a 'APR Reformulated' thread, but I think I would have worried too many people.
Aesthetically I prefer the cloudy apple juice over the vodka, but I'm happy as long as they do the job.

Thanks for the info, I suspected that might have been the case (y). I was going to jokingly do a 'APR Reformulated' thread, but I think I would have worried too many people.
Aesthetically I prefer the cloudy apple juice over the vodka, but I'm happy as long as they do the job.

Most aftershaves come in Amber bottles for a reason, I prefer the clear and with the performance from my aftershave composition I don't need to conceal anything.

It's in a perfect accord, you will not detect it as peach. You will get the lime/bergamot is all. It opens beautifully!
Really... @Korbz Seriously need to use my puck of it. Did not get peach off the puck at all! But I have not lathered it so will know one day shortly. :)

Also I got a surprise in the parcel locker today! I order this nearly 3 months ago!!!!!
This has done me now for the acquisitions (next will be one of the APR winter releases - Fenchurch sounds awesome)

beiykl.jpg

The Darkfall smells like nothing I have ever smelt before

Oh so jealous, nice choice and haul. Complex scents. You will not be disappointed. (y)

Can you elaborate? I ask because I was looking into Declaration just yesterday.
For the record, I have and love Leviathan.
I haven't tried it, so I can't give any impressions, though this might help. Darkfall is one of the limited seasonal scents Declaration do. Their description is:
Darkfall is a spicy oriental designed to capture the spirit of fall in the rural south. Agarwood, amber, and benzoin provide a deep, warm base for the cinnamon and clove top notes. Birch tar adds a slight smokiness that represents the ever-present smell of burning leaves that heralds the arrival of fall in Georgia.

From a review by Chris on Maggards:
The scent,on paper reads like an amazing smoky oriental, but in real life, it is an over the top, trapped-in-a-forest-fire smoke scent from which there is no escape.

From a review by Craig on Maggards:
Admittedly, this is polarizing, as the burnt woods effect conveyed by the birch tar used is quite noticeable. This note has been seen before in products like B&M Roam, CF’s Midnight Stag, and Stirling’s Texas on Fire, and aroused similar concerns there. I like Roam, do not care for Midnight Stag or Texas on Fire, but adore Darkfall. The birch tar is not overpowering and allows the other elements of the composition to come through. The woods, amber sweetness, and mix of spices are all distinct, and (rare for me) the cinnamon and clove does not irritate my face. This is undoubtedly a complex composition, and one that smells more interesting once lathered on the face than it smells in a tub.

Can you elaborate? I ask because I was looking into Declaration just yesterday.
For the record, I have and love Leviathan.

I'll let you more after I use it. However on first impression I'm not sure on this one (might if jumoednthe gun in the whole set). The soap from the jar has almost a Chinese incense kinda of smell, it is not to strong though. I like it. However the aftershave is that but times ten, it smells very strong. But there was some slight spillage of the aftershave and EdP so it might if been that all over my hands. It's definitely a cold weather one.

I'll let you more after I use it. However on first impression I'm not sure on this one (might if jumoednthe gun in the whole set). The soap from the jar has almost a Chinese incense kinda of smell, it is not to strong though. I like it. However the aftershave is that but times ten, it smells very strong. But there was some slight spillage of the aftershave and EdP so it might if been that all over my hands. It's definitely a cold weather one.

The aftershave has a different fragrance design to the EDP, it's considered an Autumnal fragrance. I find it works best in the 5-6 weeks that constitute an Australian 'winter'.

It's built on a base of rectified cade and birch with a few other elements and a synthetic oud, I really like it as a fragrance as it does not mess around but it's certainly not for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.