May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark1966 as always the Guru steps in (y) so thank you!
Not sure as going by seller description so always wanted the short black beauty and grabbed it. Time will tell what it really is.
Did a quick search and spotted an Astra 901 matches the white one and very interesting indeed :) as I like the eastern block clones.
Again, won't know until I sight them.

That short handled Super Adjustable 'Black Beauty' will be very interesting if it is in Q1 date code (sometimes O1 have been mistaken) - as I said, can't recall having seen one before. Looking forward to pics when they arrive :)

Hmm, still wondering about the ethics of these following some comments here, but an addition for the next Travelling Box (es) -

First impression is that they are pretty impressive in presentation and feel.

Thanks to @Korbz for your assistance in acquiring these.

It's been a while since I have posted in the Acquisitions thread I am pleased to say but I saw this the other day and couldn't help myself. My 1912 is just about all brass so I treated myself to a flashy looking one in a case. Not sure about those blade stops though. For the condition it is in, it's incongruous that they are badly worn. Unfortunately, there were not good photos on the auction. Will have to wait and see how it shaves. I don't mind. I am happy to have it as a show pony on the shelf.

1LUtzQw.jpg

nh0lIVV.jpg

Yeah! That's for sure! I shaved the past two days with a Polsilver in mine... thanks @thisISjoel! What a great shave! What a great razor! I was going to add "at the price" but suddenly realised this razor can stand up against most razors, regardless of price, pedigree or patent!

OOPS! Wrong member... delete @thisISjoel and insert @Itsonlyblood! Sorry boys! Both are great blokes to buy from!!!

Finally, I might be the last on the forum to try this but I got there in the end!
I haven't tried them yet :) next round of soap I guess

18491549_1557334510945648_7425492417357478098_o.jpg

Just picked up this very generous PIF from @RustyBlade , thank you. I was thinking of ordering one of these Futur clones so very pleased to have the chance to have to try.

Took it out for a quick look and it looks good, better than I was expecting. Looking forward to giving it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.