Migration to XenForo: Issue reporting thread

I have now put a proper redirect on the web server - all requests to paste-and-cut.com.au should now get redirected to paste-and-cut.com.au/community/

Okay, last bit of work for the night - it's 2am on a school night!

Since the above redirect is now in place, I have archived all the old vBulletin files. They are still on the server, along with the database if I need it (along with complete offsite backups).

Due to this fact, there was no reason to just plod along with Apache, so on went the Nginx webserver again, working in reverse-proxy mode to Apache. You all should see a speed increase of the site, I know I have in the last couple of minutes. Posts and thread reads should be miles faster than they have been.

I will now be looking at clearing the development site, and rebuilding it from the current site. This will give me a current environment to work from and test a number of new things before I implement them live. This includes plugins and extensions like XenPorta (of which a live site running it can be seen here) which will bring us back a front page system.

Also, I have just pledged to get a couple of copies of XenPorta 2.0 which is currently running on a crowdfunding site. There is only $120 to go until it is funded with 40 days left on the clock. I will talk to the developer and see what he thinks regarding going to the current version of the software.

Time for bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :confused:

Last edited:
Does it feel faster? Does for me but I have fairly decent eSHDSL connection at work.

I can't get on the site at work. I get a 404 error

EDIT: Never mind, it's working now.

So is tapatalk which oddly was not allowing me to connect to the forum.

I haven't noticed it feeling faster but then I haven't browsed around too much today.

It will not send you an email, just give you a red tab in your alerts section on the right hand side of the navigation bar.

It will not send you an email, just give you a red tab in your alerts section on the right hand side of the navigation bar.
I realise this and I got nuthin'. I checked that I hadn't deselcted to get an alert when tagged in a message.

I think I need to log in as you and check something. Will change the password, and then change it back, email you the new password.

Logged into account, checked settings & fixed them, emailed new password.

More of a learning experience for me, getting loads of new information. Now if someone complains then I know what to ask.

Just noticing our avatars. I might have to get a new one in a better res, it looks stretched.

What size limit do we have?

It is bigger, I can't remember as I am on the train home and Tapa-ing but I think it may support 180x180px. Go have a look in your settings, it will tell you.

Don't forget that you can use Gravatar as well. One Avatar for all forums that support it.

Hi,
There is a small formatting problem in firefox on the new posts screen, the columns don't line up quite right, my screen is 1280x800 px.
Clipboard01.jpg

Yes, I am aware of that. I will probably need to look at the Style Template pretty heavily to work out why.

If I get a custom skin made it will be a bit redundant. Will probably need to pay the creator to update the style for our site either way as it is a free skin.

I found it for you.
In discussion_list.css

If you rem out the max width for .discussionListItems at line 157-160 of the CSS it becomes full width like the header row.

Code:
.discussionListItems
{
/*max-width: 978px;*/
}

It is actually too wide, just trying to pin that down now. Ok found it.
At line 174 set the right border to 0px.
Code:
border-right: 0px solid #dddddd;

Do you want me to save the file and PM it to you?

No, it needs to be edited in the template system.

Edit: Done. The internal editor does not have line numbers so dumped it into PSpad and dumped it back.

Looks like the 'Last Message' header cell needs some right cellpadding. Since you are better than me doing this (well, faster anyway)... got ideas? Looks like 5-6px by my eye.

Last edited:
Added padding-right: 5px; to .discussionList .lastPost in the same file. Seems to have dragged it of fthe edge.

It's good enough for now... if it was a custom style that I paid big money for then I would not be happy.

Reminds me of this though:

css_is_awesome.jpg