Missing the boys?

Here's a question for your collective wisdom. And it is the thin end of the wedge compared to much of what has been shared. Some of us are going through some tough situations.

I used to be active in my local Home Brew club, was the president actually, mostly this meant finding something beer related to talk about once a month and drink a pint or two of great beer.

With my career change last year and pressure from work, teenagers, building a house. I quit as president and have left the club.

So the question is, why did I sacrifice my social outlet for the Treasurer's agenda? It seemed like the only option at the time or was it just the easy option to not feel like I was letting anyone down?
No, I think you did what you felt was right at the time. If you feel it’s time to go back then do so. There are no wrong answers in life

Here's a question for your collective wisdom. And it is the thin end of the wedge compared to much of what has been shared. Some of us are going through some tough situations.

I used to be active in my local Home Brew club, was the president actually, mostly this meant finding something beer related to talk about once a month and drink a pint or two of great beer.

With my career change last year and pressure from work, teenagers, building a house. I quit as president and have left the club.

So the question is, why did I sacrifice my social outlet for the Treasurer's agenda? It seemed like the only option at the time or was it just the easy option to not feel like I was letting anyone down?
It’s hard in a club setting, the work falls on the shoulders of the few.
There gets to be a time where it just becomes work and the original reason for the club is lost or obscured, in these situations we must say no at times.
Clubs are great but they are there to serve the members, take what you want and give what you can.

Been reading this with a lot of interest, as a Military man with nearly 25 years of service it is well known that families bear the brunt of a serviceman or servicewomans service, my wife calls it the silent service. We are both involved in Soldier on and Mates for Mates and from a personal perspective PTSD is an invasive and bitch of a beast. Luckily for me, as alluded to in the original post i have the opportunity to connect with former comrades daily if needed, all are available for a chat and will listen and advise as only an ex soldier can, especially here is townsville, school friends, no idea where any of them are, Military freinds, hundreds of them. Moving to Melbourne at the end of the year for a 3 year posting, should still be able to connect and have a few ales. Thumbs up Speedy, dont worry my Councellor says the same thing. As long as none of us turn into Frank Castle, AKA the Punisher.