Monsta's Horological Wish List

Discussion started by Monsta_AU, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    There is literally Xiaomi fitness trackers that do 90% of a Fitbit Alta for $30 delivered on AliExpress.

Anyway, been looking for watch bands for the Cocktail Time.... what do you all think of this?

[​IMG]

'Blue Jeans' Stingray leather, polished. Problem is getting it from the maker in Thailand for a reasonable price (AU cops a postal surcharge while most EU countries, and few Asian countries plus the US get 'free' shipping).

2. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free Site Moderator

Not my taste if you're asking for opinions. The Cocktail is too classy a watch for uber bling wrist candy.

3. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

@Monsta_AU no image for me I am afraid

Monsta edit: definitely there. Check your AdBlock settings, or maybe quote the post, and copy/paste the URL into a new tab.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
    Monsta_AU likes this.
  4. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

I feel that I would whack it on a door immediately and be real sad for a long time.

5. Rami

True. The first whack hurts a lot.

Ferret619 likes this.
  6. Rami

@Monsta_AU. And now it’s there, I am going to chalk it up to some voodoo.

@Drubbing, I could see it as a dressed down look with blue jeans. It’s almost looks like a completely different watch tbh.

7. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Well, I have a watch on pre-order and I just pulled the trigger on another (it was a steal - BNIB and $200 below eBay rate so how could I not??), so I will be thinning the herd shortly.

Both of the Karlskronas will be up and you will be able to make them yours. I really haven't bonded with them and so it is time to move them on. Offered here at P&F first of course.

Get your cash together, they have only been worn a handful of times between the two of them and in 99% condition, and you get extra straps (all are quick release). I am off to NZ this weekend so won't be listing them properly until next weekend.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    RustyBlade likes this.
  8. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

FTFY!

Thanks, nice looking watches!

9. glenos

glenos Member 2018 Sabbatical 2015 Sabbatical

Except it's my birthday next week and the Baltic would look great on my wrist.

RustyBlade and Mark1966 like this.
  10. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

The Baltic does look the nicer of the two (not a big fan of white watches), however on the review I read it said the Nordic has a few improvements over the original Baltic.
    Any idea what those improvements are @Monsta_AU ?

Is it strange that I am a bit disappointed that with the name Karlskrona the watches are not from the Nordic region at all, but Connecticut.

11. I must be the only person who thinks G shocks rock.

12. Monsta_AU

Admin Post
    AFAIK, it is only very minor stuff around things like the dial (sunburst versus flat) and I think the lume changed slightly. The lume is not a strong point - it works but will never come close to Seiko Lumibrite.

They have Swedish Heritage, and come from that area but live in the US.