Most nourishing/moisturising soap?

thisISjoel

As the title says, what is the most nourishing/moisturising soap you've used?

I tend to have pretty dry skin year round so always use some kind of balm/moisturiser post shave, but curious if there are soaps out there that might also help put a bit of extra moisture into my skin.

Also, anyone tried any post shave oils? I was looking at the sudsy soapery shave oil which can apparently be used post shave, but none of the scents really appeal to me.

Thoughts?

I too suffer from this problem and for me, no pre-shave, or during shave makes any difference. In fact cutting those out completely had helped. The other thing I do is wet my hand and pat my face whilst I am building lather, in between passes and before aftershave. This seems to help. Now I don't dislike balms, but I am a huge fan of aftershaves and I feel a balm interferes with the A/S be it before or after the splash - so I don't use it any more except at night before bed.

As to your question; The soaps I do use at the moment are B&M, Shaver Heaven, MWF, Tabac, Mystic Waters and Arko. The best for moisturising would have to me MWF but the others aren't far behind and don't dry my face. Just that MWF has a greater presence post shave.

My moisturising soaps are:-

Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
LEA Classic Shaving Soap
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Pre De Provence No. 63 Shave Soap
Tabac Soap
La Toja Shaving Soap Stick

MWF is fantastic for Post & Pre Shave for all year around ;)

Cheers for the replies, lads! I have already got a couple of Shaver Heavens (and one more on the way) and a couple of B&Ms and a la toja stick (one of my fave scents) so I guess that's good. Looks like I'm going to have to give the fat a crack too ;-P

Cheers for the replies, lads! I have already got a couple of Shaver Heavens (and one more on the way) and a couple of B&Ms and a la toja stick (one of my fave scents) so I guess that's good. Looks like I'm going to have to give the fat a crack too ;-P

Every wet shaver has to crack a fat at least once.

Mystic Water and Mike's with a close third for the new (post 2013) Stirling formulation.

I would recommend the above as a moisturising lather without the need for a shave :D :D :D

MWF and Haslinger are good - but IMO not as good as the above - I think they have counter productive ingredients in there as well

Mystic Waters, La Toja, Castle Forbes and Fine For Me. The standout is Fine particularly at their price point.

Notable contenders Stirling & B+M which are about equal for me.

Mystic Water and Mike's with a close third for the new (post 2013) Stirling formulation.

I would recommend the above as a moisturising lather without the need for a shave :D :D :D

MWF and Haslinger are good - but IMO not as good as the above - I think they have counter productive ingredients in there as well

Any suggestions for the best place to get mystic waters?

Mystic Waters, La Toja, Castle Forbes and Fine For Me. The standout is Fine particularly at their price point.

Notable contenders Stirling & B+M which are about equal for me.

Fine is interesting. I have the absolut santal aftershave and I love it so I'd love the matching soap.

Great responses :) thanks again!

Home brand shaving foam is da bomb!

Saving soo much, I can afford to send Stillsy a stick of ARKO!!! weekly :D