mr626's four blade review: (Perma-Sharp, Astra Blue, Treet Plat., Bic Chrome Plat.)

Can't help but notice that Arko! is photobombing hard.

Good reviews however.

I like your stand ;)

Can't help but notice that Arko! is photobombing hard.

Good reviews however.

I like your stand ;)

Haha, yes its Arko...in a bowl! Probably needs a write up of its own at some point.

The stand is quite rare- one of only two ever made! :laugh:

Okay, all done with the Bic. Final thoughts:

-Scores unchanged from before. I'll only add that longevity doesn't appear to be very impressive- 3 or 4 shaves is about as far as I'd go with these.
-Summary: cheap, average blade. Not the worst that you'll ever use but there are better out there for the money.

Overall score for Bic: 6/10

Continuing on with the Astra Blue. Should be a nice combo

Oh, and an 'on topic' post for you unsophisticated, culture-lacking barbarians

:laugh:

Imagine the postage costs!

Whats that bottle on the right with the interesting label?

Thanks, enlightened one!

I couldn't make out the label on my phone, I think I need glasses. What a bummer.

I'm afraid I will have to correct you.

It's.....Whisky

Fair enough. It indicates how little I appreciate the stuff.

Actually, according to Wikipedia:

Whisky or whiskey[1] is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash.

And:

English whiskies.......Irish whiskeys

It doesn't appear that the World Whiskey/Whisky/Whiskies/Whiskeys Council has agreed on a universal spelling. Too busy drinking the stuff.

Last edited:
English whiskies.......Irish whiskeys

This is why you shouldn't always trust Wikipedia. The Scottish have fought wars over less than calling whisky English!

Last edited:
Annnd back on topic :p

I'm a bit time poor at the moment, so I won't waffle on quite so much as before. The short version is that the Astras are a nice, above average blade for the price. I would rate them a 7.5/10 overall.

On to the last blade now, the Perma-Sharp. Have I saved the best till last?

The short version is that the Astras are a nice, above average blade for the price. I would rate them a 7.5/10 overall.

Do you prefer the blue over the green? I always wondered why you heard much less about the blues, while the green has become the go-to blade for many.

On to the last blade now, the Perma-Sharp. Have I saved the best till last?

If you like sharp blades, then yes!

I am sooo loading a PSS into my 34C for my next shave.

I hope you enjoy it Mr626. Personally I think it is at least a whole pay grade, if not more above the other blades in your showdown :)

Do you prefer the blue over the green? I always wondered why you heard much less about the blues, while the green has become the go-to blade for many.

If you like sharp blades, then yes!

Hard to comment on blue vs green. They seem fairly similar to me to be honest. I do have lots of each of them though so my opinion may change as I use them more. From what I can tell the greens are just the ones that are more commonly available to buy, might be why they are the more talked-about of the two?

I do indeed like sharp blades :)

I am sooo loading a PSS into my 34C for my next shave.

I hope you enjoy it Mr626. Personally I think it is at least a whole pay grade, if not more above the other blades in your showdown :)

I've heard good things. I'm pretty sure I've actually used one before but that experience is lost in the mists of time.