Muhle R41 : Fear Factor or Whisker Whacker ?

Somehow, I never got a good shave from the Rocca, used every blade possible in it, tried different days of growth but just found it a tad bit mild and inefficient for me. I really wanted to like the Razor but in the end I found it just boring and a mediocre shave, it just didn't work for me.

Enjoy your next shave with the R41 mate and do try getting a Yaqi Beast or Mellon head in Zamak.

tabac is my favourite soap and set, its a classic and im loaded up with a lifetime supply of tabac tallow pucks :)

shame you didnt get along with your Rocca, I love m ine. It isnt anywhere near as aggressive as the R41 and I also share your thoughts on it being a little boring but its as German that German gets.. does the job perfectly

for me, what it lacks in aggression the Rocca makes up in smoothness which allows me to do an extra pass (WTG, XTG and 2xATG) and sometimes if in the mood i'll go for touch ups.. these extra passes end up giving me a closer shave than a 3 pass R41 shave. I love my Rocca and for me best pairing is a BIC, super sharp and smooth blade

there is no chance of me buying a razor anytime soon, it is true, I am cured and no longer suffer any acquisition syndrome issues (with shaving) anymore.. The WR2 and BB totally cured my itch and the Rocca's, R41, Lupo's and Jaws provide some variety when needed..

good thing too, reckon I am stocked up for life :)

tabac is my favourite soap and set, its a classic and im loaded up with a lifetime supply of tabac tallow pucks :)

shame you didnt get along with your Rocca, I love m ine. It isnt anywhere near as aggressive as the R41 and I also share your thoughts on it being a little boring but its as German that German gets.. does the job perfectly

for me, what it lacks in aggression the Rocca makes up in smoothness which allows me to do an extra pass (WTG, XTG and 2xATG) and sometimes if in the mood i'll go for touch ups.. these extra passes end up giving me a closer shave than a 3 pass R41 shave. I love my Rocca and for me best pairing is a BIC, super sharp and smooth blade

there is no chance of me buying a razor anytime soon, it is true, I am cured and no longer suffer any acquisition syndrome issues (with shaving) anymore.. The WR2 and BB totally cured my itch and the Rocca's, R41, Lupo's and Jaws provide some variety when needed..

Yes, goes for "a lot" of US, almost time to say "When is Enough, Enough" :unsure:

I'm glad you clarified that you've satisfied your shaving acquisition syndrome issues - for a moment I thought you'd managed to buy everything you'd ever need in life, and you had arrived at a state of perfect peacefulness... :)