My Custom Shave Bowl

Haha, great idea. I just checked out Google maps and I’ll just pop out there in a 74 hour drive round trip.:ROFLMAO:
Wouldn’t happen to have contact details for Robyn would you? Or do think just contact Guildford Pottery direct?
I agree with @Snooze, the black & white was a good choice. Nice looking bowl. Glad your happy with it after going through the process. Look forward to hearing how it goes.
I checked their website - nothing for sale, just info about pottery classes lol. Might book in and make my own bowl :banghead:

Haha, great idea. I just checked out Google maps and I’ll just pop out there in a 74 hour drive round trip.:ROFLMAO:
Wouldn’t happen to have contact details for Robyn would you? Or do think just contact Guildford Pottery direct?
I agree with @Snooze, the black & white was a good choice. Nice looking bowl. Glad your happy with it after going through the process. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Ah. I have texted her to find out about postage. If push came to shove I could do the leg work and post...

Or we could start thinking if we wanted to organise a group buy to factor all the postage etc in.

UPDATE: You can email Robyn directly on kentrob@globaldial.com. She will know what you mean if you talk about "Scott's Lather Bowl". She would need to explore postage options but do communicate.

Last edited:
Ah. I have texted her to find out about postage. If push came to shove I could do the leg work and post...

Or we could start thinking if we wanted to organise a group buy to factor all the postage etc in.
Thanks @Greenpike , if you can give us contact detail it might be easier to deal with Robyn regards choice of bowl to confirm handle configuration with colour as couldn’t determine that for all bowls from the photos.

Now I'm home I've got a chance to show more pics of the one I chose. It's larger than I had planned - my previous fav bowl (first few shots) almost fits inside it. But Robyn has made such a good bowl that I had to have the largest one there. The other bowls were smaller. The mottled part of the glaze and the white has a great texture that will assist with lathering. It seems really robust too for tap knocks.

Last edited:
8dsBFu5m.jpg
alBnYnvm.jpg
oSltVHEm.jpg

Rx8AUnRm.jpg
Cs06UVom.jpg
4fbPXpNm.jpg

YsJqaeam.jpg
vkfG8xum.jpg
Pp7Myjdm.jpg

I contacted Robyn and she sent me some more photos to help me choose a bowl. I ended up deciding to take this blue bowl. These bowls are quite large for shaving bowls. You'll see for each bowl Robyn has provided some dimensions. If the photos are too small and you can't zoom in to see the dimensions let me know and I'll repost a larger photo. The green bowl is the smallest of these three at 155mm diameter. The blue and black bowls being 165mm diameter. Each bowl is unique/one of a kind.
The green bowl is $25 and the other two are $30. There is another blue bowl which Robyn called small so maybe it's also 155mm diameter.
So the black bowl, green bowl and one blue bowl (not in this set of pictures) are still available. There is also one other bowl that Robyn would prefer was sighted first hand before purchase due to minor anomaly in manufacture.
Robyn is going to double box my bowl for shipping which Perth to Dubbo via Mailman/Officeworks will cost approx $29.
Between these photos and the previous that Greenpike posted you get a fairly good feel for the bowls. Greenpike posted Robyn's contact email in an earlier post so you can contact her to purchase or ask for more info. I have found Robyn to be very helpful and look forward seeing this bowl.
I was initially going to go with the green bowl, being the smaller option, but it is even large compared to my current bowls. In the end I went with the blue bowl for perceived functionality and aesthetic reasons bearing in mind it's going to take up more real estate on the bathroom vanity.
Thanks @Greenpike for keeping us informed and for the photos. Looking forward to seeing how you go with your new bowl. Our TF brushes didn't influence our bowl choices at all right?:LOL:

m90FyoZl.jpg
024QAEUl.jpg

ftrlHhEl.jpg

HmomsA1l.jpg

vfatdpqm.jpg

Bowl arrived today! Very happy with it. Did a test lather and didn't find the bowl too big but was enjoying the additional real estate. You can see just how much bigger the bowl is compared to my Bronze Warrior bowl. Being that large means it is not compact, a bit ungainly and possibly more prone to dropping or knocking and breaking, especially the handle. The handle is absolutely essential on this bowl as unless you've got massive hands it would not hold comfortably or securely in your hand without the thumb strap.
The grooving was adequate/helpful for lathering but shallow enough that the bowl is easy to clean. Large bowl, high sides meant no lather splatter or loss over the side.
I think you should consider purchasing one of these @alfredus to help maintain your shave soap puck kill rate.:LOL:
Thanks again @Greenpike for putting us on to these. I think I'm definitely going to enjoy having this as part of the line up.

As mentioned previously my bowl was shipped via Mailman/Officeworks who used Fastway. And it didn't get lost or turned up broken. Go figure. Robyn did an excellent job of packing. Double boxed and pretty much bomb proof.(y)
I just mention that as if I'd known that Officeworks uses Fastway that would've nearly been enough to kill the deal. Ignorance is bliss.

Nice looking bowls ~ plenty of space to whip up a storm!

I can't help but think of Ferret619's profile picture when I see that handle shape :)

DSCN0187.jpg

Received my bloom bowl today and man is it a monster! First use was great and so glad it has a handle because its a tad too big for my palm and I'm paranoid I'll drop it :nailbiting: Big thanks to @Greenpike for his recommendations and for anybody else interested, Robyn was a delight to deal with and she know's how to send a package. At $45 these things are a steal (y)

As mentioned previously my bowl was shipped via Mailman/Officeworks who used Fastway. And it didn't get lost or turned up broken. Go figure. Robyn did an excellent job of packing. Double boxed and pretty much bomb proof.(y)
I just mention that as if I'd known that Officeworks uses Fastway that would've nearly been enough to kill the deal. Ignorance is bliss.
I agree @Pbgoose as at first glance Fastway is a deal breaker for me as the local delivery driver has a reputation for being a real a#$@hole but today's delivery lady was professional :) Well done Robyn for top rate packaging!