New to paste n cut

Schmicko

Hi all
Am new to this site, but have been using a DE razor for about 5 years currently own a merkur 23C and have a love affair with polsilver super iridium blades, they are so smooth in my opinion.

I also own two straight razors that I bought when straight razor designs was still open ( very disappointing to see they are no longer in business)

the two straights are a restored wade and butcher hollowground 6/8 and the Ralf aust 5/8 that I got from SRD

Years ago I tried using the straights a few times but was so nervous that I just could not get it right truth be told it was a combination of many things.

But I decided recently to pick them up again and everything came together just perfectly I think the years of DE shaving taught me a great deal. So here I am back in the swing and have had two weeks of successful shaves with the straight and looking to learn more about this art

looking forward to meeting some of you on here

cheers

Welcome to P&C @Schmicko - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @Schmicko !!

good hardware - what is your software preference

Welcome mate

Welcome @Schmicko !!

good hardware - what is your software preference

Thanks mark

my go to daily soap is proraso red I find it is just really reliable and good value.

Or truefitt and hill sandlewood on special occasions

I always finish with an alum block and witch hazel

followed by blue beards revenge aftershave balm, it does a brilliant job of soothing my face and I love that it has no smell

don’t normally finish with an aftershave as I have a lot of eau de toilette EDT to choose from my fave at the moment is blv by blvgari .

cheers for asking

Thanks mark

my go to daily soap is proraso red I find it is just really reliable and good value.

Or truefitt and hill sandlewood on special occasions

I always finish with an alum block and witch hazel

followed by blue beards revenge aftershave balm, it does a brilliant job of soothing my face and I love that it has no smell

don’t normally finish with an aftershave as I have a lot of eau de toilette EDT to choose from my fave at the moment is blv by blvgari .

cheers for asking
I'm a big fan of the T&F Sandalwood too.

It's above my pay grade, but if you hang in there, post, like and be liked I think it is pretty fast ;)