New to the man shaving way

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the best online store to buy shaving gear?
Depends.

Currently in Australia there is MensBiz and Shaver Hut. But there will be a NEW store coming in the next month or two (with physical presence also).

But you need to compare to overseas proves. And some products can only be obtained from overseas stores. (And alcohol-based aftershaves are so difficult to get here!)

Connaughts and Shaving.ie (UK)
Gifts & Care (Spain)
Maggards and Phoenix Accoutrements (US)
Italian Barber (Canada)

Just some of the main ones.

G'day Greg,

We can catch up sometime this week and I can give you some soap samples and a few blades. I have a few Astra Greens to get you going.

Cheers mate I have a box of Astra greens but im liking the feather blades but i will give them a go. I will have to see what im doing next week but if i have time i will msg you thought the forums.

Cheers
Greg

It does indeed, just need a decent little group in Brisbane & hopefully over the ditch. That would really make me happy.
Agreed. But what about Canberra? I think it needs a little more attention. Supposedly the eighth most populace city in Australia and it's @Mark1966 and I and I think we both feel a little underwhelmed by the other....

;)

Last edited:
Hi @Greg and welcome to the Forum!!!

I'll get some samples ready this evening. PM'ed you my mobile. Call when ready and I'll drop them at your place.
@Greg: Sample box ready to deliver. I'm tied up with a few appointments tomorrow until 4.30-5.00pm. Give me a call or SMS where you want me to drop this off (even to your letterbox if you're out) and we'll get it done.

@Greg: Sample box ready to deliver. I'm tied up with a few appointments tomorrow until 4.30-5.00pm. Give me a call or SMS where you want me to drop this off (even to your letterbox if you're out) and we'll get it done.

I will give you a call tomorrow. mate i got nothing in return you want some coin

Belated welcome mate!

Sorry it has taken two pages to wade in and say hi but I see both my collection and indeed myself (thanks a lot @stillshunter) have been the subject of some scorn! Just thankful I don't collect brushes or soaps/creams/ASs ...:whistle:

Anyway provided you don't mention the State of Origin I think you are more than welcome here ;)

$2 million and a Jaguar ought to see us square. Don't worry about payback; just try what's available and learn what you like without buying products that you end up not liking. You will learn this forum is full of blokes wanting others to experience everything there is to enjoy in wet shaving, I'm just following the lead of those men before me.

$2 million and a Jaguar ought to see us square. Don't worry about payback; just try what's available and learn what you like without buying products that you end up not liking. You will learn this forum is full of blokes wanting others to experience everything there is to enjoy in wet shaving, I'm just following the lead of those men before me.

cheers mate.

G'day Greg,

We can catch up sometime this week and I can give you some soap samples and a few blades. I have a few Astra Greens to get you going.
Greetings Greg.
As evidenced above, even our mate @Dale.Whiley is prone to enabling ;)
My recommendation is to seek out sample packs of soaps, blades and aftershaves and knock yourself out trying the assortment, yet only after cutting your teeth upon the same gear for a month to develop a solid baseline and improve your technique.
I've a few blades and maybe some Col Conk at mates rates...

Wow the generosity of people hust got back from doing the shopping (as the wife is in canberra) to find a parcel at my front door from @Dale.Whiley wow what a legend. Cheers mate
Don't worry mate. In a few months we'll find a post somewhere on here that looks precisely the same except the names will be changes and someone will be thanking @Greg for the leg-up. Seriously, it's the spirit that moves on the face of these waters, and it is good ;)

Shameless, mate, absolutely shameless.
What's next....offering the man some arko at a discount?
No, that would be at a premium due to its performance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.