Newbie from Brissy

nathan1983

Hi, first time poster, though long time forum visitor. I have recently stumbled across this site and thought this place looks great as I have recently started shaving with a straight and was looking for a forum/network that was local to OZ.

I have always had a fascination with straight blades but only recently took the leap into purchasing one and unsure if others are the same but I have quickly become obsessed!

I have grabbed this new fascination with both hands and am looking for hints and tips on not only shaving, but also maintenance and restoring razors.

Anyway glad to be onboard

Nathan

Welcome to P&C Nathan - not a straight shaver myself, but plenty of those around here, so I am sure you will have a great time!

What are your favourite soaps/creams and brushes?

Welcome on board mate. Fine part of the world up in Burpers. I remember going to the Caboolture RSL wearing thongs. Lady at the counter said "I'm sorry, you can't come in wearing thongs". I said "you realise this is Caboolture right?" Didn't go down well :)

Plenty of expert advice around here on straights and some locally around Brissie always willing to help. Enjoy the ride...

Hi Nathan. Welcome to Paste & Cut.

We have quite a few straight shavers with fascination for blades and stones. I don't use a straight myself but I've seen some beautiful examples around here. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome on board mate. Fine part of the world up in Burpers. I remember going to the Caboolture RSL wearing thongs. Lady at the counter said "I'm sorry, you can't come in wearing thongs". I said "you realise this is Caboolture right?" Didn't go down well :)

Plenty of expert advice around here on straights and some locally around Brissie always willing to help. Enjoy the ride...
I know right, I haven't been in there for years but it's like let's call a spade a spade, this is caboolture, maybe if you live there you don't see it.
But all jokes aside great place to raise a family

Welcome Nathan.
I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. I'm a straight user myself, it is a very addictive but great hobby/passion ;).
There are a some other straight users here that are extremely knowledgeable in the field. So if you have any question feel free to ask away.

And BTW what is your current setup?

Welcome mate!

Strictly DE and SE for me - but we can talk software and brushes ;)

Some knowledgeable straight shavers here - but what is your favourite setup?

I am sporting a beard at the moment so i am only shaving my cheeks and my throat to keep it nice, straight and tidy. So i'm quite a simple kinda fella my set up is pretty basic i shave using oil instead of cream unsure if this makes any difference (happy to be told otherwise) but as i am keeping my beard it allows me to see what i am shaving and keep my lines straight.

When i purchased my razor i opted for something mid range as i was unsure if i was going to keep going with this hobby so i bought a Golddachs from the shaver shop http://www.shavershop.com.au/online...ats/golddachs-black-resin-straight-razor.html really nice razor and was legitimately shave ready, but then again only new so unsure of how sharp the blade should actually be, but shaves great no irritation passes the hair test etc etc.

Welcome @nathan1983.

I'm a born & bred Albany Creek boy ... ... ... way back when there was only one primary school, no high school, a baker and a milko, Dirty Dick on his pushy selling Hessian bags of horse manure, Farmer Wruck's cows from the farm across the road eating my parents pumpkins, corrugated Army sheds for the troops undertaking bush skills training ... ... ... yeah, long time ago. Then lived several years on the edge of the National Park opposite the D.Bay Police station. Great area to live, North of the border (read "Brisbane River").

Didn't realise it was that far inland (we're about 5 mins from Sandgate)
And you are further east still! Unfortunately I have no memories of my time in Brackenridge but am told that north of there was bushland when we moved in to the area.