Newbie from Melbourne

Wow, thanks for all the info and making me feel so welcome.

I ended up deciding to go with the Merkur 34c from Mensbiz, not that I'm opposed to buying overseas but mainly because it's a local shop and I want everything yesterday! I really like the idea of a vintage Gillett Fatboy but as has been pointed out when you're buying a used 60 year old razor better to be on the safe side for my first foray at least.

Brush wise I bought the Sterling synthetic from @nsavage

Soap and post shave couldn't go past Shaver Heaven as they get a great wrap around here and it's always good to support a local family business. @Anthony
I also have to thank @eggbert who is sending me some soaps and blades to try out.

Now the frustrating part of having to wait for everything to arrive.

Anyway hopefully that's a good starting point and once again thanks to everyone for all the advice and warm welcome.

Great choices all around @saku39!

Waiting is always a pain but hopefully not too long.

Well done to @eggbert too!!!

So you have supported a long standing Aussie business, a small Aussie family business, purchased on the B/S/T here from another member and received a PIF of some supplies too - this must be some sort of record for a first round of purchases !!!!

Wow, thanks for all the info and making me feel so welcome.

I ended up deciding to go with the Merkur 34c from Mensbiz, not that I'm opposed to buying overseas but mainly because it's a local shop and I want everything yesterday! I really like the idea of a vintage Gillett Fatboy but as has been pointed out when you're buying a used 60 year old razor better to be on the safe side for my first foray at least.

Brush wise I bought the Sterling synthetic from @nsavage

Soap and post shave couldn't go past Shaver Heaven as they get a great wrap around here and it's always good to support a local family business. @Anthony
I also have to thank @eggbert who is sending me some soaps and blades to try out.

Now the frustrating part of having to wait for everything to arrive.

Anyway hopefully that's a good starting point and once again thanks to everyone for all the advice and warm welcome.

Yeah the next day delivery from Mens Biz is hard to go past! Works even up here in NQld!
Another aussie shop that is good is shaverhut.com.au
You've made some great choices.