Newbie from Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranky

Hi everyone new to this forum been lurking around for a while enjoy the posts from other wet shavers sharing their experiences and new products.

Hope to contribute as much as i can.

I have been wet shaving for almost 40 years, started with a DE razor when i was 15 years old that my Dad gave me not sure what brand but it did the job, later on in life i started using gillette cartridge razors but wasn't very happy with the whole experience.

About 5 years ago bought myself an Edwin Jagger DE89 Razor and Super Badger Brush and have never looked back, since then i have accumulated a multitude of razors, soaps, creams, boar & badger brushes and the shave den keeps growing.

Would like to post some photos when i work out how to do it, if someone could post how to add photos that would be great too.

Regards
cranky

Last edited:
Welcome @cranky. I am sure your collection will grow even more if you hang out here for a while:whistle:

What are your favourite razors, brushes and soaps/creams?

I use flckr to post pictures, works easy, I think their is a thread somewhere on how to do it.

Thanks Guy's, Favourite's are:

Razors
Muhle R89
EJ DE89
Muhle R41
Gillette Super 84 adjustable 1970 model

Brushes
Shavemac 177 Badger Silvertip
Zenith Pure Badger 24mm knot
Omega Pro 49

Soaps & Creams
Proraso Green
Proraso Red
Shaver Heaven
Tabac
TOBS
Geo.F.Trumper

Razor Blades
Gillette Silver Blues
Personna Reds
Feather

He is an artisan noob...... :ROFLMAO:

Quickly @SydBJW - get over there and deliver some Reef Point to the poor bloke.

Cranky, welcome - with a name like that I certainly like the sound of you! ;-) Nice gear, very mainstream/big brand...beware once you've been bitten by the artisan products bug there's no turning back. Nice to have another NSW member! Cheers and welcome, Nick

Thanks Monsta_AU look forward to Sydney Meets, from your profile i am only a stone throw away from you.
No worries. If there's any particular blade you'd like to try that you have seen me use, just yell and I will get some to you. If you have GSB's at the top of the list then you are clearly a man of impeccable taste!

Welcome @cranky - love your username! Wow 40 years experience, sounds definitely like you are going to contribute here a lot!

Great setup as well, especially since you seem to have a nice variety in there! Just have to work a bit in the soap and cream department ;)

Thanks alfredus, The list of products i posted are only some of the shaving gear i have,
some others worthy a mention.

Razors
Fatip Grande (not to impressed with the quality shaves ok)
Merkur 34C very good shave but i find the handle a little short for me.

Soaps & Creams
Razorock Zi pepping very good soap
Razorock XXX very good soap
TOBS sandalwood soap very good
Cella soap excellent
Geo.F.Trumper cream, Limes, Coconut, Rose all excellent performers
L'occitane Cade soap very good performer

Aftershaves & Colognes
To Many to mention
But my go to's are
Summer = Proraso Green, Floid Vigoroso.
Winter = Tabac, TOBS Sandalwood, Clubman Bay Rum.

I will post the rest as i reply to other members post.

Regards
cranky

Welcome mate! Keen to hear if there have been any stand out purchases you've made over the last couple of years :)

G'day Kobz, Yes i think that would have to be a new Tall Boy cabinet for the bathroom to hold all my shave equipment, the wife was getting frustrated because every cupboard she opened in the bathroom was full of my shaving gear so i decided to add a large tall cabinet in the bathroom and it look quite good, when i work out how to post photo's i post some.

Welcome! The Sydney shavers are finally beginning to grow in number.

What's your favourite razor and blade combo?

What's next on the wishlist? [emoji6]

sorry guys trying to post photo not working will try later.
You can't post it directly here (like Facebook). You need to post it to another website (Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur, Dropbox, etc) and then LINK to it here.

Soaps & Creams
Shaver Heaven
He is an artisan noob...... :ROFLMAO:
Quickly @SydBJW - get over there and deliver some Reef Point to the poor bloke.
Not sure if I was @Anthony if I would be flattered you consider me mainstream or offended that you don't consider me an artisan!

No worries. If there's any particular blade you'd like to try that you have seen me use, just yell and I will get some to you. If you have GSB's at the top of the list then you are clearly a man of impeccable taste!
Even more so if it's vintage Polsilvers at the top of the list :)

Welcom to the insanity @cranky
Hope your stay is long and mutually fruitful :)
BTW, where in Sydney do you reside ?
Have you tried/own a Semogue, Barrister & Mann, Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns A/S or Arko shave stick ?

IMG_1986
by Sam Cairone, on Flickr
This is the shave cabinet.
Terrific setup there Cranky! Looks like you've done well. It makes me slightly envious to see the convenience of it being next to the basin. You must have (a) a top partner (b) a second bathroom, or (c) both!

What's the details on the paper?

(Great work at working out posting the pic BTW.)

Status
Not open for further replies.