Newbie Muhle R89

Oh no i dont, i am on a forced sabattical, well a kind of sabattical. Definately dont need anymore brushes, or razors, or soaps, well maybe soaps if they come up everynow and again.

Put it up though, someone will buy that beauty.

Beard & Blade were quite helpful with my Simpson quest. I had shortlisted the Special, Duke and Chubby #1. Below is their reply, which might be helpful for someone trying to decide on a Simpson. I ended up deciding on the Ch1.

Ben replied
May 17, 11:45pm
Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! Great to hear that you're enjoying your shaving gear!

Simpsons brushes are quite excellent, and the three you picked out on your shortlist will all perform well for you. The main differences between the brushes are the size and shape of the bristle section of the brush.

The Chubby 1 has the thickest, densest bristles which provides a great feeling against the skin and the bristles are therefore less likely to splay (spread) when you're applying shaving cream to your face. It's also the shortest of the three brushes, and that's due to the more densely-packed bristles.

The Special 1 has the least dense bristles, which are also longer and therefore have more flexibility than those in the Chubby 1. The Duke slots in between the two and is a bit of a medium ground with regard to flexibility and density.

The choice of which one will suit you best is a matter of personal preference, depending on what you like when you're shaving. Dense brushes such as the Chubby 1 offer a little more usefulness if you're looking to use harder shaving soaps in future, as the bristles will pick up the soap more easily.

Hopefully that information helps you to make your decision! At the end of the day, the best brush for you will be the one that meets your needs and falls in your ideal price range. Do let me know if you have any further questions – always happy to help!

Regards,

Ben