Official P&C Grand Society thread

So many great choices. Here is my entry, BICs :https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-BIC-Single-Blade-Sensitive-Skin-Shaver-1000-Razors/152296024920
They're not better in price, but it would be memorable if someone got Grand Society with those. :D

Edit: Image for those too lazy to click through.
WFuitKWl.jpg
My first ever shave with one of those,at 12 yrs old so 1978.Dad used them but I remember he had a TTO which was most likely a Gillette,then these were advertised on TV and he switched.

I cut my teeth here with Astra Greens :)
I progressed to the Polsilver SI's, a bit smoother and sharper and get an extra shave or two out of them.
Not trying to disable you, yet have you tried the SI's?
I'm yet to try the SI's as of yet but I hear they shave great so another helpful suggestion - thanks @borked :)

I'm open to suggestions with nothing confirmed as of yet :)
I did KAIs as they are my favourite blade out of thet 30+ I've tried and I can't get them locally. I would rank them number 1 in my list with feather being 2nd.

If you're set on 1000 I would say go with your favourite. The one you could use for the rest of all your shaves. It's up to each person to decide that for themselves.

I like those Bics much more than I like Bics DE blades.
As for the nacet, they are on eBay currently :)
Any links @Ferret619 as the only cheapo Nacet's I noticed were from Jordan and somebody else suggested they mighten be legit? A lazy cheap search shows a local seller flogging a box of 100 around $25AUD which at 1,000 is a lot more than I am willing to pay for what is a great blade but not that much different than Astra Green's for me if I decide to go bulk (y)

I did KAIs as they are my favourite blade out of thet 30+ I've tried and I can't get them locally. I would rank them number 1 in my list with feather being 2nd.

If you're set on 1000 I would say go with your favourite. The one you could use for the rest of all your shaves. It's up to each person to decide that for themselves.
Yeah I saw your bulk buy and it seemed logical to me to stock up on a favourite blade and as I'm fairly easy going & cheap, I could happily use an Astra for my next 30 years worth of shaving. I do have a 100 pack of Rockwells but even I know that was a CrAzY buy but I'll still use them as they're not too bad when used in say the Rockwell 6S. As the saying goes YMMV bla bla bla :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any links @Ferret619 as the only cheapo Nacet's I noticed were from Jordan and somebody else suggested they mighten be legit? A lazy cheap search shows a local seller flogging a box of 100 around $25AUD which at 1,000 is a lot more than I am willing to pay for what is a great blade but not that much different than Astra Green's for me if I decide to go bulk (y)
They are indeed from Jordan and they are indeed legit in my opinion, though I’m not the director of some blade authenticity body, tbh I think the whole “fake blades” thing is crap for the most part.

So you want to join the 'cool kids' @Razor Burn ?

Cheapest entry I can see is the Topaz at $60 - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1000-x-...des-Mens-Shaving-blades-FreeShip/332675368882

Derby at $70, @eggbert might be jealous though - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Derby-P...-Blades-PackOf1000-SAME-DAY-POST/282975676763

Wilkies! Go on, I know you want to, only $80 - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GILLETT...-EDGE-RAZORS-BLADES-SALOON-PACKS/263664004558 [non-vintage in case that is important]

Speaking of Derby - $90 and in Australia! - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Derby-E...lades-Pack-of-1000-SAME-DAY-POST/282980903195

Not sure that @Monsta_AU would approve of these options though ;)
Thanks for the helpful suggestions @Mark1966 and I'm certain I'll cop a bit of flack for my suggestion of buying 1,000 Astra blades in bulk and you're right about that going against the principle of 'Grand Society'. My favourite blade is Personna Lab Blue and unfortunately they're not cheap so my next best option would need to be a blade I can preferably source locally at a reasonable price and luckly for me I find Astra Green's a sensible choice - CrAzY I know! :)

While Astra SP are a good blade, I personally would like something just that bit better if I was buying 1000 of them. Silver Blues or Permasharp Supers would be my pick. These can be had for reasonable prices while being on-par with the best that PPI St. Petersburg produce (along with 7OC Blacks which are more expensive).
I've got a pack or 2 of Permasharp's and will give them a try as I've seen a few guys using them in SOTD posts with positive feedback. Sadly I find Silver Blues not as smooth as say a Nacet but they shave more efficiently than the Astra's but the slight tugging of my beard growth is fairly off putting. Not all bad but not worth 1,000 blades for me but great suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in it for the banner, I'm kinda worried about the new changes to GST laws and how this will/may effect my future shaving purchases and I'm at a stage now where I'm looking to undertake a self imposed sabbatical and getting a good supply of cheap/effective blades makes perfect sense. I'm more than happy being part of 'Da Menth Heads' :cool:

Banners, what banners. Learn something new everyday.

They are indeed from Jordan and they are indeed legit in my opinion, though I’m not the director of some blade authenticity body, tbh I think the whole “fake blades” thing is crap for the most part.
Yeah I gathered as much as it was my understanding Nacet's were made in Russia and the few 5packs @lerenau gifted me didn't have anything on them to determine a place of origin. Might be worth buying a box and try to distinguish if there's any difference in the actual blade and then possibly stock up as they shave awesome in the 6S. Thanks @Ferret619 you've convinced me to try them out and if they turn out to be legit then I might be prepared to make a 1,000 blade purchase :)

Yeah I gathered as much as it was my understanding Nacet's were made in Russia and the few 5packs @lerenau gifted me didn't have anything on them to determine a place of origin. Might be worth buying a box and try to distinguish if there's any difference in the actual blade and then possibly stock up as they shave awesome in the 6S. Thanks @Ferret619 :)
TBH i have given away many, many packs of the nacet, I think I’ve given some blades to @lerenau in the past- they may have originally been my nacet?

TBH i have given away many, many packs of the nacet, I think I’ve given some blades to @lerenau in the past- they may have originally been my nacet?
Haha you're probably right and either way it's only a DE blade so how bad can it really be if it isn't legit. Remembering that I have happily shaved with a Qshave, MingShi & Merkur blades and lived to fight another day and shave another shave :ROFLMAO:

Haha you're probably right and either way it's only a DE blade so how bad can it really be if it isn't legit. Remembering that I have happily shaved with a Qshave, MingShi & Merkur blades and lived to fight another day and shave another shave :ROFLMAO:
Flick me your address and I’ll send you some more blades just to make things more complicated for you :)

Fair call, if you can try the Astra blue aswell, I like them significantly more than the greens

Fair call, if you can try the Astra blue aswell, I like them significantly more than the greens

Fair call, if you can try the Astra blue as well, I like them significantly more than the greens
+1 I had 10 total great shaves using Astra Blue ;) I just keep flipping the blade over after 2 shaves and keep going until you start to feel some small tugging this means the blade is at the dead end.

It is true @Razor Burn that my original 5-pack of nacets came from @Ferret619.
I loved them so much that I proceeded to buy an additional 100 blades. I have used/pifed roughly a third of those. So, I'm looking to buy some more.

I loved them so much that I proceeded to buy an additional 100 blades. I have used/pifed roughly a third of those. So, I'm looking to buy some more.
I’m low AF on them currently, only a few years supply maximum!
January 1st I’ll buy my way into grand society!

Your's & @Ferret619's generosity is dually noted good sir! :)

+1 I had 10 total great shaves using Astra Blue ;) I just keep flipping the blade over after 2 shaves and keep going until you start to feel some small tugging this means the blade is at the dead end.
Yet another blade I have a 5pk of and need to try - thanks for the suggestion guys :)

Your's & @Ferret619's generosity is dually noted good sir! :)
Rest assured we have plenty to go round.
That said the offer stands- if you would like a random parcel of blades miscellaneous sent to you just let me know, it’s fun to get stuff in the mail.