Pacing oneself

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I decided that I would stick to a small rotation of soaps and learn to use and enjoy them and then once one is finished get something else.
Current rotation is
Dr Harris ( two pucks)
Klar
Lpl
Some more dr Harris cream samples.

Next list
B&m
Phoenix
Shaver haven
MWF
Martin de Candre soap,
Castle Forbes cream
Czech & Speak's Oxford & Cambridge soap, Alvarez Gomez cream
Penhaligon's cream.

Let's hope I can resist temptation

My way of approaching this was to purchase a high number of samples so that i can hopefully cheaply and quickly discover scents and formulations that work or don't work for me. It is also a great way too have multiple options to match my mood.
Hopefully after i have completed the samples i will purchase full tubs of my favourites. The issue with this is that there will still be a number of other brands i will be wanting to explore.
In other words, i am having the same issues as you!

Samples are great, and you'll trade a few soaps on - but over time you find what scents you like and what brands you like. It slows down (for some) then.
Your number must be quite low now after your initial splurge and subsequent sale?

@J.Mac

Yea but I went to the meet and smelt them all. So I know exactly what I want.

Chances are you'll like the performance of most soaps as they all perform well once dialed in.

You'll have your top performers but that doesn't mean you won't like the rest.

I have about 5 top performers with mwf at #1 but my rotation is about 60 soaps and I enjoy them all.

I decided that I would stick to a small rotation of soaps and learn to use and enjoy them and then once one is finished get something else.
Current rotation is
Dr Harris ( two pucks)
Klar
Lpl
Some more dr Harris cream samples.

Next list
B&m
Phoenix
Shaver haven
MWF
Martin de Candre soap,
Castle Forbes cream
Czech & Speak's Oxford & Cambridge soap, Alvarez Gomez cream
Penhaligon's cream.

Let's hope I can resist temptation
Hi @Rami I'm trying to now do similar whittle down my creams/soap I'm resisting to buy though with great temptation not to buy anymore for now

I've said it before, this is the wrong forum if you're in this to save money! :whistle:
Way too many enablers here! :D
I do hear where your coming from though, I have a list a mile long of things I want to try - and I have a cupboard full of things that I am yet to try still...
Still want to get heaps of stuff though... :sick: