Pacing oneself

I defiantly haven't pace myself as far as soaps go.

Must admit I now really try mainly to go for scents I like in brands I know work for me, only problem their is always far too much new stuff coming.

... only problem their is always far too much new stuff coming.

YES!

It is the manufacturer's fault. They should be REQUIRED to give free samples of all new scents before releasing them. That should fair to me.

Now, which Senator shall I approach with a draft Bill along these lines? Should be good for a couple of hundred critical votes come next election ...

I have to admit I am glad I included the samples in my rotation. I can at least grab the b&m soonish.

There's many ways to enjoy this hobby and keep it under control...or justified!

E.g. In my rotation, each soap gets used 5 times a year. If average use is 1g per use, this rotation will last 20 years. So not very expensive at all.

The other factor is budget. Yes, shaving soaps are unnecessarily expensive (ingredients for good bath soaps are the same and they are a fraction of the cost!) But you can easily bring your budget to cooperate...One less meal in a restaurant per month means at least 3 nice shave soaps a month.
One less six pack a month means another nice soap.
One less pair of shoes for the wifey...wait, scratch that one!!!

Well, my drawer is full. So no new soaps until one of the old ones is used up. Lucky for me since I load like there is no tomorrow, that happens every two to three months. Splashes I have about 8, but they take considerably longer to use up.

Um, I am starting to waver. Help. That b&m and Phoenix are tempting.

And the b&m is out of stock. :(

I've missed a few B&M limited now. All that "I want" -> "I shouldn't" back and forth means it sells out but to me, that's a good thing! Well until like with the Leviathan release (now sitting on my desk!!!!!) I pre-ordered.

I've missed a few B&M limited now. All that "I want" -> "I shouldn't" back and forth means it sells out but to me, that's a good thing! Well until like with the Leviathan release (now sitting on my desk!!!!!) I pre-ordered.
How is the Leviathan? I'm contemplating grabbing it

How is the Leviathan? I'm contemplating grabbing it

What's the scent like ?

Usual disclaimer: Talking about a scent after simply sticking your nose in the tub is no way to talk about a scent! It needs to be lathered, and even then it takes several shaves for the fullness of it to become apparent. Secondly, my nose is dull!

That said, the scent off the tub is initially (old) tobacco to me. Not leather as I expected it (mum used to do a lot of leather work so I am familiar). I'd say what I am smelling is bitter coffee. Leather is there in the backgound. Sandalwood... usually a base note so it won't come off in the tub and usually to soften/sweeten others so I would expect the lather to soften/sweeten in use and reveal the sandalwood. We'll see! Got a date with a damn hot lady tonight so I might just shave a second time today just to give it a run. I think I can suffer a single DE pass to quickly tidy things up.

Sometimes I feel like we are all hoarding shaving good like "Doomsdayers", preparing for the apocalypse. :LOL:
As @nav1 mentioned, I forgo some things to spend the money on some soaps. However, my plan is to slow down on the rate of purchasing soon, when I will have a few soaps so that I can have a bit of a rotation going.
We'll see how that goes.......

Do you mean Leviathan @Rami ? The Stray Whisker just got a drop of it and seems to have some left.

I am trying to resist the temptation of putting up a wtb