@Mong.
@possumbelly
@Lifes a Peach
@kjparker
@gthomas04
@filobiblic - new addition!
@borked
@stillshunter

You will find in the box a sample of Occams Lime cream for each of you along with a slice of both the pre-shave soaps for each of you - take it and enjoy courtesy of @Occams. Thanks again mate!

There is also a large 75ml tub of the Occams Original cream - should be enough for all to have a good try as well.

There is two reserved items - the Pureman OC razor and the Occams Original cream. Please do not remove these from the box - they must come back to me :)

A reminder about the other rules -
  • The sender is responsible for cleaning the items before sending the box and the receiver is responsible for sanitising the items upon receipt.
  • The box can be kept for 1 - 2 weeks, please do not exceed 2 weeks.
  • You are allowed to take out 1 item to keep if you really love it, providing there are no reserved items (The Pureman OC and the Occams Original cream at this stage).
  • Keep the items shaving related and make sure your contribution is worthy – ask yourself, ‘If a stranger gave me this, would I use it?’ If yes, go ahead!
  • Don’t contribute to the box hoping your item will remain there for ever or to get rid of junk.
  • Post when you have received the box and your impression/comments for the products within – we want to hear your opinions and see your pics! Reviews don't need to be complicated, even a rating system is fine.
  • When you have finished, PM the next recipient to ensure they are ready to receive the box.
  • The box is to be posted with a tracking number at all times and that number is to be posted in this thread.
  • Please keep the weight of the box to 2kg or under to keep shipping costs down.
Any problems, PM me. Most of all - enjoy!

Last edited:
Shipped to @eggbert today - tracking number 99601071446401004562504

Enjoy!

You can track the parcel here

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of reply to your pm Mark, I've been moving house. Looking forward to seeing what is in the traveling box mkII.

Hopefully I manage to get the new house in some semblance of order before it arrives.

I feel you pain @eggbert - I just put a holding deposit down on a new place. Move in 2 weeks time.

Sorry for the lack of reply to your pm Mark, I've been moving house. Looking forward to seeing what is in the traveling box mkII.

Hopefully I manage to get the new house in some semblance of order before it arrives.

No worries - hope you enjoy it when it

I feel you pain @eggbert - I just put a holding deposit down on a new place. Move in 2 weeks time.

Holding deposit then moving in two weeks - wow, that is quick. Congrats BTW

I've it upon good authority the holding deposit is 1,000 GBE's...

Yeah, then it counts to the '2 weeks in advance' plus bond.

It was a months rent as bond in the place we just left. Hopefully we get it all back.

Yes Auspost tracking is very much ex post facto!

I picked the travelling box up from the Post Office this morning.
I normally shave every other day, and last night was my scheduled day to shave, but knowing the box was waiting for me I delayed a day.
I've not yet peeked inside, so can't comment on its contents.

The only thing I can say is that I had a bit of a smile when the lady at the Post Office asked WTF is a travelling box?

I picked the travelling box up from the Post Office this morning.

Yippee!

I normally shave every other day, and last night was my scheduled day to shave, but knowing the box was waiting for me I delayed a day.
I've not yet peeked inside, so can't comment on its contents.

Such self-control. Feel free to post pics if you need to as well

The only thing I can say is that I had a bit of a smile when the lady at the Post Office asked WTF is a travelling box?

LOL - so the stickers worked :)

What did you say?

Man. I feel like I'm missing out.
Dang! I AM missing out. :(

No pics from the TPACTB2 yet, but a brief report on my first shave from it.

First temptation were the Occam's samples, but I realised I can test them after the box has moved on. However Mark has kindly included a tub of Occam's original croap to try.

Boy does this stuff lather up well. The pea sized amount suggested was more than enough for a three pass shave.

Unfortunately I have blocked sinuses at the moment so the aroma was mainly lost to me. I did detect something that was very familiar but it took me 10 minutes or so to work out where I knew that smell.

Eventually I worked out that the aroma I was detecting was allspice I think. It had a faint but similar smell to the jerk chicken marinade I made last weekend.

I tried another Schick as I am determined to see what others see in them and had my first decent shave with one in the eclipse red ring.

To finish off the shave I tried some Thayer's witchhazel with aloe vera. Not quite what I was expecting and left my skin feeling a little greasy, so I splashed on some bay rum A/S instead.

Looks like the Occams will get some fans - well done to @Occams for the samples!

Great review first up :)

First impressions of it were very good. Can't wait to try the limes version.