Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 4

*** UPDATE ***

The good news is that I have ALL the goodies for the box - or should I say BOXES!

Yes, there will be two Paste & Cut Travelling Boxes 4, that would be PCTB4A and PCTB4B (how very Canberra!)

The bad news is that I have to decant some things, sort out some labels and do a bit of organisation - and I'm going to be away for work from tomorrow and not back until 1 April. Sorry guys, crap timing I know.

The great news is that these means there is still time for other to sign up and come on board for the box. What is it again? Let me give you some ideas -

Enough to whet you appetite?

Come on - sign up NOW!

...and yet, I've a sneaking suspicion that there's more that's undisclosed at this stage!

...and yet, I've a sneaking suspicion that there's more that's undisclosed at this stage!

SHHHH, I'm keeping at least SOME of you contribution a secret at this stage ;)

*** UPDATE ***

I've decanted and sorted out the BOXES!

As I indicated, there will be two Paste & Cut Travelling Boxes 4, that would be PCTB4A and PCTB4B

Here is a sneak peek at what PCTB4A looks like -

and here is its 'twin' - PCTB4B -

Not 'identical twins' - there are some differences in the boxes BUT a lot of commonality and where there are differences I've tried to balance them. So both might have a sample of a particular brand of soap, but different scents.

How much is there did you say? About 2.4 kilos of shaving goodies EACH without packing or the box!

Both boxes will include a razor. In one the modern monster, Muhle R41, in the other an approximately 100 year old veteran, the Gillette Single Ring.

Next steps will be to sort out a suitable box for postage. None of mine really work. Once that is done I will randomly allocate participants to a box and we can start to get this show on the road.

If you haven't signed up check out the details here - Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 4 - and then PM me. There is still some time.

For those who I have listed as 'in' at present -

1. @nsavage
  2. @Korbz
  3. @Greenpike
  4. @alfredus
  5. @Rami
  6. @the_shaving_sailor
  7. @Sxot
  8. @Normie
  9. @beerhog
  10. @Tony Forsyth
  11. @borked
  12. @Cris
  13. @Robbo14
  14. @SchoolForAnts
  15. @Sticky
  16. @EJ_DE98
  17. @TomG
  18. @huntereyes_
Your wait is getting closer to being over BUT I do need your feedback ...

Looking at packaging options I might be able to make this fit into a Medium satchel with postage of $13.80 but some items might need to be jettisoned.

I would almost certainly be able to get packaging to fit in a Large satchel with postage at $17.60.

Please post below which you would prefer I aim for?

1. Medium satchel - $13.80 postage (some items might be ditched)
  2. Large satchel - $17.60 postage (current contents retained)

Last edited:
Great job @Mark1966, can't wait top see this get started!

I would be happy with the large satchel myself. It's not a lot more dollar wise but probably a lot less trouble fitting everything in.

Great job @Mark1966, can't wait top see this get started!

I would be happy with the large satchel myself. It's not a lot more dollar wise but probably a lot less trouble fitting everything in.

Same here.

Now where is that drool smiley

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your time and effort.
Happy with large but don't mind either way.

Great work @Mark1966 (y)

I'd also vote for the large version - makes life easier...

Large of course!

And can I please not get sent the box between the 8th and 15th coz I'll be a continent away from home :)

Brilliant work Agent 66!
Large works for me.

yeah go with the larger size 4 bucks the difference to try that much stuff is still a bargain in my book.

OK guys - I think large it is!

I'll still need to ensure that an AusPost BX3 mailing box -

org.png

Will fit inside a large pre-paid satchel -

org.png

It is does, that seems the easiest and cheapest way to send the box around. Sending the BX3 box by itself costs more, $22.50.

Using this approach if the box itself gets too beaten up we can replace it easy enough and throwing the whole thing into a satchel makes posting pretty easy for everybody on the road.

I'll confirm all this tomorrow.

BTW - any newcomers want to hop on board as well?

Of course, the BX3 boxes does NOT fit into the large satchel :(

I've purchased a large and a medium satchel and a couple of sizes of boxes and will play tonight to see what I can do !