Perma-Sharp Supers: Try some today!

Never used a Wilkinson Sword.

They the ones the ysell in the supermarket chains for $15 for a 5 pack?

I believe so although I've never noted where they were made. It's been a long time since I've tried one. At the time I thought they were OK but then I think that of most DE blades. They've been around for years so there has to be something good about them outside of the reassuring pictures of a rapier on the packs.

I believe so although I've never noted where they were made. It's been a long time since I've tried one. At the time I thought they were OK but then I think that of most DE blades. They've been around for years so there has to be something good about them outside of the reassuring pictures of a rapier on the packs.

I've seen them in coles. They're probably ok, but not when you stack them up against what you can get for a lot less. $3 is considered pricey in DE blade land.

Never seen them so I cannot comment. Do you have a picture?

The previous Wilks in the local supermarkets were Brazilian manufacture and most guys have said don't even bother buying them.

The only Indian-made Wilks that I know of are the famed Indian Wilks which is actually produced by Gillette. Gillette owns the Wilkinson Sword name in India.

!CFKhBMg!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjkE0Yv1UgOlBNUQFZJkGg~~_3.JPG

There are two types of Indian Wilks. There is the standard 'Stainless' ones you get as pictured above, then there were also some special ones called "premium Plus" which I only found at one place (Indian website which was selling them, now closed). They were about 50% more expensive but the few shavers who had tried them said they crapped all over the standard Indian Wilks.

I have a few hundred standard Indian Wilks. Glen, you are going to have to come over for a drive to Camspie mate.

Never seen them so I cannot comment. Do you have a picture?

The previous Wilks in the local supermarkets were Brazilian manufacture and most guys have said don't even bother buying them.

The only Indian-made Wilks that I know of are the famed Indian Wilks which is actually produced by Gillette. Gillette owns the Wilkinson Sword name in India.

!CFKhBMg!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjkE0Yv1UgOlBNUQFZJkGg~~_3.JPG

There are two types of Indian Wilks. There is the standard 'Stainless' ones you get as pictured above, then there were also some special ones called "premium Plus" which I only found at one place (Indian website which was selling them, now closed). They were about 50% more expensive but the few shavers who had tried them said they crapped all over the standard Indian Wilks.

I have a few hundred standard Indian Wilks. Glen, you are going to have to come over for a drive to Camspie mate.

Would love to but I am happy to say I started a new job on Monday - nothing too exciting from the financial point of view (all people starting work for a disability employmnet place start at !.50 per hour) but it is honest labour (and keeps me off of ebay!) .

Nice one Glen. What are you doing?

Basically doing all the data entry/spreadsheets/production planning for the factory. Basically anything to do with the computer system they all want to flick on to me. (Now I think about it maybe Ebay would be more fun!)

Basically doing all the data entry/spreadsheets/production planning for the factory. Basically anything to do with the computer system they all want to flick on to me. (Now I think about it maybe Ebay would be more fun!)

That sounds all right. I'm sure you can sneak a peak at VC 4.0 occasionally too.

That sounds all right. I'm sure you can sneak a peak at VC 4.0 occasionally too.

Better believe it - how else would I know what mistakes I had made in the purchasing department, or be able to updat my ever expanding list of blades to try (as well of course of putting my hand up when goodies are on offer).
In all honesty I am alittle afraid my brain may have atrophied through non use over the past few years but we shall see.

In all honesty I am alittle afraid my brain may have atrophied through non use over the past few years but we shall see.

Sure you will be fine - you are pretty sharp around here!

Good luck with it mate!

Just waiting for my Tax Return to arrive so I can go on another blade buying spree.

Anytime you want to dive on over Glen, let me know. Plenty of blades here to take a sampling of back home.

Well, the first shave of my new batch of PermaSharps this morning. Swapped out the 5-shave Iridium out of the E1 Fatboy and loaded up the fresh PSS.

Lather today was courtesy of my TOBS Sandalwood again. Seriously, this stuff is so good that I may not go trying another Sandalwood cream. Still, I have plenty of things to use up and that's what I will be trying to do for a while.

Well, it's sharp. Certainly sharper than a new Iridium but not to Feather level. And this one was smooth off the bat, maybe because I have shaved with them before. The shave itself was great, my normal WTG/XTG passes and had a great BBS result except for the normal issues directly under my chin. ATG is the only way to fix that but my skin cannot deal with ATG at all.

So in effect, I am very happy with these blades and certainly pleased to share a few around. I'm going to make a big statement and say that I think these are the best current production blades in the world right now, even eclipsing Feathers.

I'm going to make a big statement and say that I think these are the best current production blades in the world right now, even eclipsing Feathers.

If you've read any of my brush threads, the trouble with making big statements is you often end up retracting them. While they work great for you, I think you might have given these humble blades to much to live up to for others.

Ha, for me it is definitely the truth. I don't think there is a current-production blade that I haven't tried yet and these are definitely some of the best blades I have tried. The fact they are still made is a good thing.

That said, there are plenty of other BETTER blades, but all have ceased production. The only other blade that is close would be a Feather but there is a raw, uncompromising feel to it that eventually irritates me.

I'm looking forward to giving them a good run, they're cheap for what they might be, but hardly easily available with only one bloke selling them. If they don't do it for me, I've still got the knockout Yellows, and the Vosks aren't bad either.

I'm dreading going back to Personnas, I think I might be in for a shock.

Found mine had been delivered on Friday. Will give them a bash during the course of next week or two.

Cheers again Monsta!

You lot all disappoint me. I would have though that there would be at least one of you with the balls to shave with one and post by now.....

Common drubbing! Couldn't you just have told a little fib or something.

Last edited: