Photography Down Under

lauceston_6_of_6.jpg

Here's one I took on my recent Tassie trip. It's at the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart, shot on 35mm Portra 400.

I pulled the trigger on a N.I.B Konica Minolta DiMage IV film scanner. I was looking for a solution to reduce the cost per roll so I could shoot more films, this device will dash 10$ per roll and will pay itself on the long run.

I pulled the trigger on a N.I.B Konica Minolta DiMage IV film scanner. I was looking for a solution to reduce the cost per roll so I could shoot more films, this device will dash 10$ per roll and will pay itself on the long run.
Nice one @Maxime D. (y)
I need to look at a better scanning solution too. The one I've been using is getting sold off unfortunately.

If anyone is having a hard time finding compatible drivers for old scanners, take a look at Vuescan, it's a software that support a lot of scanners that are no longer supported by their manufacturers.

Update: As of last week, I began to process my B/W rolls at home. I bought myself an Agfa Rondinax 35U daylight developing tank and got a good deal on a couple NOS Agfa Rodinal bottles.
It's a very rewarding activity, more than I thought it would be :)

35556194946_14c69a99d9_b.jpg

Don't tell @stillshunter - he will be jealous! :)

Update: As of last week, I began to process my B/W rolls at home. I bought myself an Agfa Rondinax 35U daylight developing tank and got a good deal on a couple NOS Agfa Rodinal bottles.
It's a very rewarding activity, more than I thought it would be :)

35556194946_14c69a99d9_b.jpg

Crikey, that a nice bit of work. My obsession with colour makes me forget how black and white brings out texture. Until you spot the mobile phones, the RC controller and modern pushbikes that could be a bit of 1970s photojournalism.

Crikey, that a nice bit of work. My obsession with colour makes me forget how black and white brings out texture. Until you spot the mobile phones, the RC controller and modern pushbikes that could be a bit of 1970s photojournalism.

Color is a very demanding mistress, one that I'm not ready to accost.

mGGNWxfh.jpg

Recent shot from my trip down to Canberra last month. Nice to get some clearish skies (compared to Sydney).
A great shot. (y) Of course, CBR is deservedly well known for its observatories. We get a bit spoilt down here too, though I have noticed an increase in light pollution from a certain town East of here over the last 10 years. You'd think with the increases in cost of power, it would make sense to turn some of those lights off... :unsure:

PXL-20221016-072101642-1.jpg

Playing with the camera on the new phone yesterday, these are a couple of members of the posse that turns up every evening for the leftover chook grains. I'd rather give them to the wallabies than leave them for the rats. These guys are all quite tame, they like to stand on your feet and lean on you while you put out their snack.

Not as classy as the shots above, but an opportunistic shot last Friday on return to CBR -

RjFFsLMl.jpg

The 'end' of the rainbow, you know, where the pot of gold sits, was at the RAAF VIP terminal building, the one all the pollies use ...