Piece of shit brush....literally

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
so I've put my order in. anyone else like to express their interest??

@SpeedyPC ??

Screenshot_20170506-192102.png

To anyone worried about this stuff... I made many knives until recently and got hold of three pieces of this stuff which I turned into beautiful handles. It polishes beautifully, especially as a final polish on a low-med spinning lathe. It is as tough and durable as almost any other material I have used and, very water resistant, although I never tested it with hot water such as a razor handle would need to endure at times. Oh... a respirator or good dust mask is advised when turning or sanding etc.

Last edited:
So it seems to be true, you can polish a turd.

I wonder how stabilized it is when it is left soaking in the warm basin. I'd imagine a certain organic tactile felling in the hand for each shave. You never know what is just around the corner. Horse hair and Horse "nugget" handle. @Tony Forsyth I look forward to hearing how you turn one on your lathe :)

The ones I used were epoxy stabilised and I turned them into hunting knife handles. Because very few hunters sit with their knives in 80-100 degree baths, I never tested it in anything like boiling water, which is why I wrote in the post above ; "I never tested it with hot water such as a razor handle would need to endure at times." It would be wise, I think, to test a piece of offcut in a boiling water soak before going into serious production. I made three knives with this stuff... one keeper and two for sale... sold the two sellers in under a day and reluctantly accepted a great offer for the keeper!

So it seems to be true, you can polish a turd.

I wonder how stabilized it is when it is left soaking in the warm basin. I'd imagine a certain organic tactile felling in the hand for each shave. You never know what is just around the corner. Horse hair and Horse "nugget" handle. @Tony Forsyth I look forward to hearing how you turn one on your lathe :)

Hi @bald as

Years ago there was several guys who stabalised different types of animal shit, might I add mainly in the states however there was a fellow here in Aus that done some dog shit pens. Can you imagine someone sucking on the end of his pen !! Yuk!!
Not for me I am afraid. Stabalising when done under vacuum and done properly for most types of materials will make them inhert to water absorbtion so fine to use with a shaving brush regardless of hot or cold water. I have stabalising and pressure chamber equipment but no I am not playing around with Shit !! ;)
Cheers Tony

Hi @bald as

Years ago there was several guys who stabalised different types of animal shit, might I add mainly in the states however there was a fellow here in Aus that done some dog shit pens. Can you imagine someone sucking on the end of his pen !! Yuk!!
Not for me I am afraid. Stabalising when done under vacuum and done properly for most types of materials will make them inhert to water absorbtion so fine to use with a shaving brush regardless of hot or cold water. I have stabalising and pressure chamber equipment but no I am not playing around with Shit !! ;)
Cheers Tony
but but but tony! lol

these could be the new butter scotch!

imagine everyone collecting weird and rare animal shits and turning them into brushes.

ie; I'll trade you my black rhino for your endangered snow Leopard.
noobs will think it will be the knott we are talking about ;)