PIF No. 10 (Worldwide) - Shave-ready ⅝ French Point T.R. Cadman "Bengall Imperial" (How long is a piece of string?)

Very nice razor. I am sorry I missed the opportunity, but that's what you get if you don't check in regularly :(.

I won't be surprised if the scales are ivory, Schreger lines look too irregular to be faux.

Congratulations @Wilkshire13, it's a nice one!

Very nice razor. I am sorry I missed the opportunity, but that's what you get if you don't check in regularly :(.

I won't be surprised if the scales are ivory, Schreger lines look too irregular to be faux.

Congratulations @Wilkshire13, it's a nice one!
Thanks @Jaco, I'm just keen to try an @rbscebu edge, but there are a few more PIFs open by the looks of it.

@rbscebu Hot and sweaty is right with the weather in Victoria at the moment

@rbscebu I'm curious why your honed mehtod GD66's bevel is not mirror (i.e. shiny and perfecly reflective) given the high lap counts on balsa?

I have an edge finished with SP5k, then 3 micron film then 1 micron film, then .25 micron pasted leather hanging strop and it is a mirror. Mine is not as sharp as your razor at HHT, of course.

@rbscebu I'm curious why your honed mehtod GD66's bevel is not mirror (i.e. shiny and perfecly reflective) given the high lap counts on balsa?

I have an edge finished with SP5k, then 3 micron film then 1 micron film, then .25 micron pasted leather hanging strop and it is a mirror. Mine is not as sharp as your razor at HHT, of course.
It's because I value a keener edge rather than aesthetics. It is only the first 20μm or so from the edge that cuts that hair, not the whole bevel. Indeed, I actually prefer a bevel with fine striations. My theory is that it allows the blade to glide more easily over the wet skin. Just a personal choice.

Some get a little too particular about the looks of the bevel when it is the overall quality of the shave that really counts.

Thanks @Jaco, I'm just keen to try an @rbscebu edge, but there are a few more PIFs open by the looks of it.

@rbscebu Hot and sweaty is right with the weather in Victoria at the moment
The vintage coticule edge you asked for is, to me, not the keenest of edges. I prefer the keenest of edges, particularly for performing a CdM (a.k.a. fool's pass).

The vintage coticule edge you asked for is, to me, not the keenest of edges. I prefer the keenest of edges, particularly for performing a CdM (a.k.a. fool's pass).
All good! It's a learning experience. I have tried one finished on Black Arkansas before, Vintage Coticule seemed a natural choice

It's because I value a keener edge rather than aesthetics. It is only the first 20μm or so from the edge that cuts that hair, not the whole bevel. Indeed, I actually prefer a bevel with fine striations. My theory is that it allows the blade to glide more easily over the wet skin. Just a personal choice.
I don't mean to mention my mirror bevel as a point of pride. I don't try to achieve anything aesthetically.

I'm just not sure going through a method grit progression, how the bevel can end up not being fully mirror; the fear being there is something I'm missing.