PIF No. 11 (Worldwide) - 2 x Gold Dollar 66, one shave-ready and the other with factory edge [10 sets available]

Ok 👍🏻
I have just finished my first shaving with Gold Dolar. All thanks to @rbscebu. I really appreciate that.
Before shaving I tested the blade. It was chopping the forearm hears out of the skin with no problem. Also hanging hair gone easily👍🏻. Now I see how sharp the blade can be.
I also tested the factory edge on the second razor and it does not shave forearm hairs at all.

Now shaving.
I have taken my slickest soap, Tabac, made wet leather and started.
First pass wtg. Smooth and easy. But quickly I got a red flag. I got a small nick which I did not feel until seeing blood😂. So I focused more and continued.
WTG gone and I started ATG. Gone smooth as well. The third pass XTG. This is the most difficult pass for me. Gone good as well.

Final verdict:
The razor gave me very nice shave. Above the jawline is absolutely smooth with no burns.
Below the jawline its not perfect with a little burns but still very nice and clearly I have to improve my technik. Overall great shaving👍🏻

Now to compare to my existing razors. When my TI came it was as dull as a factory gold dollar.
Richards Gold Dollar is with hands down the sharpest razor I have. Its scary sharp.
My Bosmarck came sygnificantly less sharp but it looks like it could be shave ready ok. Probably all of you would sharpen that a bit more but it was not that bad. And TI sold as shave ready was completely dull.

Now is the time to improve my technique and of course I have to hone the second Gold Dollar to learn honning.
Thank you Richard👍🏻

@karol.elec, it is my pleasure to modify and hone up these GD66 SRs donated by @mark123abc0. I'm glad that you found shaving with the honed one interesting. Remember, the sharper the edge, the flatter the shave angle should be.

It is always good to have two identical SRs to play with. Makes it easier to compare different honing and maintenance techniques.

My Bosmarck came sygnificantly less sharp but it looks like it could be shave ready ok.
I'm reminded of @rbscebu 's story over on bb of how his barber in Philippines was surprised how sharp he was able to get the barber's razor, yet the barber was able to go about his job.

Shaving arm hair is quite a low standard for sharpness, my razor is able to shave arm hair long before bevel set is done. But that's what shaving is right? Just applied to the face.

It's just a matter of skill once you have a razor that removes hair. Personally, my shaving skill is low, as I'm only maybe 20 shaves into the journey. So I'm still aiming for a higher sharpness to make up for it.

@rbscebu you wouldn't happen to have one of them left that's honed to your prefered edge would you? cause I would be happy to nab one. I go away for a few weeks and it's all heppening!

@rbscebu I'll grab one honed GD66 from you mate.. the one i ended up buying has lost its edge and I honestly cant remember the rbscebu edge and would love to have a direct comparison with my own honed GD66 to see if I need to go the diamond balsa's as a finish

@StratMan, I shave-tested your freshly honed GD66 this morning. All is good and I don't think you will be disappointed.

It is now all packed up and ready to go.

Just two more sets left to give away.

thanks mate, looking forward to it and will sort out postage shortly.. in the meantime will give my stones a good going through ready to test, havnt shaved with a straight for a while, still at noon level