Review: Shaver Heaven Soft Shaving Soap (v1)

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
This is a review of the Shaver Heaven 'Forbidden Forest' soft shaving soap (croap). It's the first version, and it's been updated since.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418690644.450697.jpg

I paid $10 for a 100mL tin. During transit the tin was dented and damaged. It didn't affect the contents inside at all. @Anthony very generously gave a full refund for the soap, even though I didn't feel it was necessary. It shows that sales don't get in the way of relationships for @Anthony which is a great business model.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418690693.235191.jpg

The scent is very light. To my nose, it's like wandering through ferns in a rainforest. Light, delicate and earthy. I'd appreciate a stronger scent, but I believe that the updated soaps do have a strong scent profile.

I did put a little hot water on top to bloom, but it's probably not necessary. My little Frank Shaving badger loaded in no time. I then proceeded to whip up a thick and smooth lather very quickly. The lather had a good amount of slickness, but I feel it excelled in cushion. It really protected my face well during the shave. Top performance in my opinion.

Post-shave there was faint wafts of the scent, but very fleeting. The face feel was terrific. No irritation for my skin.

Over all I'm very happy with this soap. I'll definately buy a few more for the quality of the shave performance alone.

Thanks filobiblic that's good to know! I've been wanting to support Anthony but getting a bit more careful after getting some soaps (other brands) that haven't worked so well for me.

I'm interested in the forest one and the barber shop - waiting for him to do another batch of the barber shop so I can get both at once.

What other soap would the softness compare to? Say cella? Or occams?

I'm interested in the forest one and the barber shop - waiting for him to do another batch of the barber shop so I can get both at once.
I'll send you off a sample with your JABONMAN SOAPS and razor if you'd like...

What other soap would the softness compare to? Say cella? Or occams?
It's inbetween the two. Not a cream like Occams, and softer than Cella. Cella you dent with a firm press. This you dent with a light press.

. To my nose, it's like wandering through ferns in a rainforest. Light, delicate and earthy. .
\

With apologies to @Mark1966 and any other happy clappers gathered here - but Jesus Christ on a crutch - but "wandering through ferns in a rainforest" are we still a shaving site or what is next . ARKO !!!!! smells like tripping the light fantastic through a lemon grove as butterflies waft around your head. No offense meant @filobiblic

Actually a rainforest is a very distinct smell.

Just after rain up at Katoomba if your on a bush walk the valley has a totally different smell to the top of the plateau. Its that memory that convinced me it's worth parting with polymer to try it.

Filobiblic you should write old mates scent descriptions for him!

\

With apologies to @Mark1966 and any other happy clappers gathered here - but Jesus Christ on a crutch - but "wandering through ferns in a rainforest" are we still a shaving site or what is next . ARKO !!!!! smells like tripping the light fantastic through a lemon grove as butterflies waft around your head. No offense meant @filobiblic
1. There is more than one happy clapper here.
2. Have you taken your pills today ?

Shaved this morning with the Shaver Heaven 'Forbidden Forest' - as PIFed by @filobiblic …so assume v.1?
Bowl lathered with a dollop somewhere between a pea and almond sized amount - let's call it a red kidney bean sized amount. Took a little while to get going but after 30 seconds or so it started to gain some body, a little more water, a little more effort rewards with a superb yoghurt lather. On the face this crop compares with some of the best vegetable soaps I've used - has amazing slickness and glide. Like most veggie soaps I don't find them as protective or cushioning, but the stuff is confidence inspiring…so much so I felt I could do no wrong and was rewarded a humbling slice on my chin - see more here. This says nothing negative about the lather, quite the contrary, this stuff is so good you're feeling confident enough to shave a bikie Sergeant-at-Arms with a straight…even if you've never used one on yourself. I also like the fact that the lather kept moist between passes - no drying out. Scent is also good, albeit subtle.

All-in all. I put this crop on a top shelf. I'd love it to go head-to-head with Occams - not to say which is better but just to be assure that Aussie artisans, so also including Johnny Goodsir, can keep me in lather without the need to look beyond our shores

I used this this morning, another sample from the generous nonick. I rated it highly. Really enjoyed the scent. But slickness was not the highlight in my opinion.

WLqMKm1l.jpg

Still got the original @Anthony [emoji6]