Russian blades supply

Hi all. I haven't been around for a while but funnily enough I decided to pop in to basically ask the opposite question.. I've rarely met a St Petersburg blade that I didn't like, especially the Polsilvers and the Perma Sharps. My stock of Perma Sharps is getting low and it's time to stock up.

Given the current situation I can't in all good conscience buy Russian blades. Yeh, it's only pennies in the great scheme of things but that might the Ruble that sinks old mate Putin.. I need some alternative suggestions.

Over the years I've tried Personnas, Feathers, Merkur (overpriced rubbish), Derby, even Dorco, etc, and never really got on with any of them. So if Israel, Japan, Korea and Germany are off the table for me it looks like India or maybe some other Eastern European country.

Any suggestions? Surely one of the 7 O'clock line from India must come close to my beloved Perma Sharps?

Anything in stock now was purchased from the factory long ago - and they will not be ordering more for a while I'd suggest.

OOPS - did somebody say unobtanium!

Also Personna...
Only the American Personna brand which is kinda crappy blades

Personna-Lab-Blue-1.jpg

91798707-9f6c-440e-95ab-837a91dac6dc_1.16924a1cf54ccb904c8d19c49e81416f.jpeg

This is also made from USA for hospitals only
Personna-Double-Edge-Prep-Blades.png

Also.... Don't get confused, this is made in Germany, not in USA
61yflgmOgZL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Only the American Personna brand which is kinda crappy blades

Personna-Lab-Blue-1.jpg

91798707-9f6c-440e-95ab-837a91dac6dc_1.16924a1cf54ccb904c8d19c49e81416f.jpeg

This is also made from USA for hospitals only
Personna-Double-Edge-Prep-Blades.png

Also.... Don't get confused, this is made in Germany, not in USA
61yflgmOgZL._SL1000_.jpg
Thanks for that. A while back, I think I had some that said they were from Israel, and they were pretty good.

Thanks for that. A while back, I think I had some that said they were from Israel, and they were pretty good.
Israeli Personna blades below are no longer available anymore, because, the factory and business was sold to Germany
Personna-IR.jpg
Crystal.jpg

126cee659639806c994041d2786803b6.jpg

NEW!!! Personna blades are made directly from Germany, not in Israeli anymore.
k10-3.jpg

7126b48e-a356-4614-8656-8b1db1ab2814.aa3d4560b70c0c62a48a039373546f75.jpeg
61yflgmOgZL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Anything in stock now was purchased from the factory long ago - and they will not be ordering more for a while I'd suggest.

Being in Canberra, you might be able to tell us if there is a National Reserve of DE blades?

I’ve got about 2750 blades, you reckon I should double that?

the-big-short-sad.gif

Being in Canberra, you might be able to tell us if there is a National Reserve of DE blades?

I’ve got about 2750 blades, you reckon I should double that?

the-big-short-sad.gif

SHHHHHHH!!!!!

Don't mention the SBR!! (Strategic Blades Reserve) for those outside the Canberra Bubble (TM)

In relation to blade stock the key is the @Monsta_AU rule -

TBS = 100 - A x BPW x 52.14 x (1+MO) x 2

Where:

TBS = Target Blade Stock
A = Age
BPW = Blades Per Week
MO = Male Offspring

Do the maths and see how you go?

BIC chrome platinum!!

Now my #1 blade, having surpassed polsilver!

Paired with the blackbird, it's now my favorite combo.

Last edited:

This!

Even if one feels a moral obligation not to buy these blades (and I don't want to argue for or against that notion here), bear in mind that the Aussie vendors that currently stock them , made their purchase some time ago and not buying from them will not help or hurt anyone outside Australia.

In relation to blade stock the key is the @Monsta_AU rule -

TBS = 100 - A x BPW x 52.14 x (1+MO) x 2
I'm way short of that, but I'm planning on hopping off the bus long before I get to 100. Given that everything seems to be going to hell in a handbasket exponentially quickly every year, I absolutely do not want to be around in 2063.

fyi…Procter & Gamble said in a letter to all employees that it will still continue with ‘personal care’ product manufacturing in Russia. P&G will stop advertising and new investments. The letter is online.

ps: trivia…one of my kittens is a Russian Blue, and I see that the International Cat Federation has ‘banned’ them from being registered or competing. I’ve told my kitten.