Second brush - do I nee….oh who am I kidding...what do I need?

I let the B&B Boar go. Seller was none too happy but I was honest with him saying I was trialling a boar to see if it was my cup of tea. Suffice to say there's one YKW ozseller who'll be ignoring any of my future PMs that's for certain.

Dunno why the bottom lip, it's not like he was selling a Chubby 3 super badger…

Just noticed that BB boar was originally only available from Worst Case Scenario. Fancy that...

5-10 working days is more my experience.

On 2 occasions I've placed an order on a Sunday and receive the package on the following Friday. Perhaps I got lucky.

As for swinging both ways, a boar badger mixed knot is excellent. The backbone of a boar combined with the water and lather holding of a badger.

Yep, I quite like a mixed knot.

The B&B boar brush is not stained. A huge plus in my book. And I quite like the handle. I don't think the 49 is stained either. It is huge but it'll give you a good idea of what a boar is all about. I had one that sort of size for while and really liked it.

Does the staining affect the performance? All my boars (couple of Semogues included) are similarly dressed up to look like badgers. I suppose they should be proud to be boars and not have to pretend to be something else!

The B&B boar brush is not stained. A huge plus in my book...

As for swinging both ways, a boar badger mixed knot is excellent. The backbone of a boar combined with the water and lather holding of a badger.

You are such a fashionista PJ!

I'll send you that Omega soon SH. I haven't forgotten...

Does the staining affect the performance? All my boars (couple of Semogues included) are similarly dressed up to look like badgers. I suppose they should be proud to be boars and not have to pretend to be something else!

I've not owned a stained boar but I can't imagine it would affect the performance. Having said that I do believe my boar/badger knot used stained boar bristle but that's sort of justifiable from a visual perspective I guess. I just think a stained boar knot looks like somebody who's had a bad day at the hairdresser. I really like the size and look of the B&B essential brush. From what I can see from pictures they also set the knot straight in to the handle rather than putting it in a cup first, which all the mass producing manufacturers such as Omega and Semogue always seem to do. Looks OK if they use a metal cup but the plastic one looks really cheap in my view.

I let the B&B Boar go. Seller was none too happy but I was honest with him saying I was trialling a boar to see if it was my cup of tea. Suffice to say there's one YKW ozseller who'll be ignoring any of my future PMs that's for certain.

Serves you right for hanging out at a forum full of miserable people. That'll probably come back to bite me if your Ozseller mate ever joins here.

I'd try to forget if someone was sending me an Omega too :whistle:

Haven't we got a smiley showing a little dude with a fishing rod? I'll take the bait anyhow. I'll forgive you as you're part of the ARKO! fanbois club but it is an insult to that excellent soap using that gutless mop of a brush you call a boar.

Last edited:
It seems the desire for a second brush is not exactly coursing through your veins.
Mate the desire is coursing so bullishly though my cholesterol blocked pipes that I can't hear a thing from my brain for the thumping. The memory was very next thing to go, straight after the knees, so I never expect to remember a conversation, let alone a post, from a few weeks ago!
@SmallYetDeadly Did I send you my postal address?

Mate the desire is coursing so bullishly though my cholesterol blocked pipes that I can't hear a thing from my brain for the thumping. The memory was very next thing to go, straight after the knees, so I never expect to remember a conversation, let alone a post, from a few weeks ago!..........

@gthomas04 has got pills that will sort you out. They do turn you slightly maniacal too but we're used to that.

A Wee Scot hey…hmmmm

Very nice little brush. Little being the operative word here. You sort of feel like placing it in your daughters doll house. If you like it, you'll come to the realisation that it's not really small, other brushes are just way too big.

The Major is a nice brush. I'd have that in my regular rotation rather than just stashed away in a travel bag. If you're going to have a dedicated travel brush I thinks it's better to have one that's nice to use but if it gets lost or sat on and destroyed by some fat airport baggage handler it wouldn't be a wrench. The Major is far too nice to be used just for travelling.

Or a TGN re-knot ....

A well used boar is good for travelling. Should the worst happen, then oh dear, you have to buy a new one. How annoying...