September 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm whoa!!
IMG_1041_zpsug4lzsav.jpg
Whooooah Dude! :D
Enjoy!

You do realise that this is not an acquisition per see...
True, I did however aquire a lot of odd looks when work people saw the contents, I would have taken a photo but that may not have helped my case..

True, I did however aquire a lot of odd looks when work people saw the contents, I would have taken a photo but that may not have helped my case..
Sniffing the contents probably didn't help either... I know I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Collage_2017-09-28_02_26_56.jpg

Picked up this delightful Tuckaway set (?? Or is this full sized New Bostonian set made in England) for just $55 in the wild. I've photographed it without any cleaning or polishing. It's in excellent condition except for the lid which has been rubbed a lot down to the brass. Considering the war that hit in 1939 it is rather tragic that the razor is in such good condition but the lid not... I will think about Edward and Amanda when I first use it.

Last edited:

Picked up this delightful Tuckaway set for just $55 in the wild. I've photographed it without any cleaning or polishing. It's in excellent condition except for the lid which has been rubbed a lot down to the brass. Considering the war that hit in 1939 it is rather tragic that the razor is in such good condition but the lid not... I will think about Edward and Amanda when I first use it.
Beautiful example! Congratulations

Picked up this delightful Tuckaway set (?? Or is this full sized New Bostonian set made in England) for just $55 in the wild. I've photographed it without any cleaning or polishing. It's in excellent condition except for the lid which has been rubbed a lot down to the brass. Considering the war that hit in 1939 it is rather tragic that the razor is in such good condition but the lid not... I will think about Edward and Amanda when I first use it.

It is a Bostonian, great razor!

The British sets, razor made in England and case made in the USA are much scarcer than the normal US version so a nice pickup indeed :)

A lovely 28mm Silvertip and some new soap arrived today courtesy of TSW clearance and the heads up thread that I can no longer access..... mumble, grumble, mumble....

The blades arrived nearer the start of the month and I'm loving them.... Nasdarovje!!!

WP_20170928_20_04_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20170901_16_28_45_Pro.jpg

IMG_1009_zpsyywjetqq.png

Not shaving related but it's a 1996 fender Jimmie Vaughan signature stratocaster.
These pick ups are hot AF!

Wow. I saw The Fabulous Thunderbirds in the basement at the Old Lion in North Adelaide, must be 25 years ago. Three and a half sweaty, beer fueled hours of glory. If there was a show I could go back and relive that would be it :happy:

Vintage, butterscotch, 'Sterilized Bristle and Badger Hair' Rooney brush

Handle Diameter: 41mm
Handle Height: 48mm
Knot Diameter: 24mm
Knot Height: 46mm

Status
Not open for further replies.