September 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170915_060420.jpg

Took nearly a month from the UK but my Souplex Double 6 travel kit has arrived. This is my first vintage full bakelite razor and it's in great condition. The alum pencil inside the little tube is powdery but barely used too.

One of those ebay buys that happens because $21 delivered is just too good to pass up.

vzHwIwE.jpg

Came in to an early morning delivery waiting on my desk from my buddy at Chatillon Lux :)

Forgive me shaving gods for I have sinned and fallen short, it has been two days since my last deliv...

....Oh, hang on ....

This lot arrived yesterday didn't they - September Acquisition Thread

No worries shaving gods - all is in order, nothing to see here.

[Must get another 200 litre plastic tub before I forget too ...]

I'm hoping my Thater brush and the second part of the Gifts and Care order lands today too @Mark1966 so fingers crossed eh!

EDIT: And another care package from Barrister and Mann, plus a Wolfman and a BSB brush

qs2t6Cd.jpg

For anyone who has never tried it, both the La Toja Soap stick and the cream is fantastic stuff. I like their colognes too, light but very fresh and affordable.

I'm hoping my Thater brush and the second part of the Gifts and Care order lands today too @Mark1966 so fingers crossed eh!

EDIT: And another care package from Barrister and Mann, plus a Wolfman and a BSB brush

The universe is in balance ...

You've got this all worked out haven't you - all of these purchases are now deductibles now you have APR aren't they?
Do you still end up in the black though, or is that spreadsheet a sea of red?

Great razor. Love those handles, feels weird on first use but soon get used to it.
Just gave it ago, beautiful razor and I like the lighter handle

Glad you like it. Did I see you had a 1924, or was it a1914,the other day? A bit milder than that!
Ahh that's a 1914, still havnt had a 1924....yet

This absolute behemoth arrived yesterday:

oWWXRkOh.jpg

Here it is next to my other brushes for size comparison:

1XYyqvNh.jpg

S2ZvhkNh.jpg

That's a 30mm maggard/tuxedo in a Tony Forsyth chubby 3 style handle and this thing dwarfs it. I'm not in love with it so far though, I can't tell if it's a big glue bump, or if it's just the density of the knot (It's SUPER dense), but it doesn't splay as far as I would like. The fibres look and feel extremely similar/the same as the boos/game changer in my TurnNShave (far right), but the extra density makes it less enjoyable to use (at least based off the quick test lather I did).

I think i will.. but then again it would be nice to keep it in mint condition as a collectors piece. Decisions decisions...
Yes tricky decision. I picked up a NOS bathroom set, only with a thicker handle, not long ago. I had to use it once but now it's back in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.