September 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggard Razors 24mm 2-Band Badger Shaving Brush

Maggard-Razors-24mm-2-Band-Badger-Brush-Knot-350x350.jpg
Nice, round two after the badger & boar brush?

If you need a handle, continue reading.

Birthday present finally arrived and a very interesting one at that.

Introducing the ΑΛΦΑ (Alpha) T-400 adjustable shaving brush from Steve Tinter.
He doesn't advertise it like that but I took the liberty to add 'adjustable' as the loft can be adjusted by a screw thread.

IMG_8629.jpg

Solid aluminium handle homage to the Rubberset 400 with modern materials and design. Using 6063 aluminium so heavier, corrosion resistant and stronger. Comes out of the box with two interchangeble ferrules in 24mm or 26mm.

Now for the amazing part, you can adjust the loft before or after you set the knot with his patented loft lifter.
13ab0026c381aaff432917186e0cba6e.jpg

I'll be doing a review on this brush soon. Still awaiting a new replacement phone so I can capture the beauty of his design.

In the meantime have a SOTD of Steve with it.

M1WNBB

This expensive $1.99 razor stand next to my bespoke upcycled wire coat hanger brush stand. Kids craft glitter tube arko stick container. No expense spared :stop:

https://flic.kr/p/M1WNBB

2018-09-05_01-58-19 by Chad Walter, on Flickr
Firstly welcome to the forum @Chad :)
Love the inventiveness on the wire brush holder. Man of my own heart :love:
Once your RAD is out of control, I'd love to see a multi razor holder made the same way. (y) Have you thought about painting/dipping it in enamel paint to reduce the chance of rust?

I was just reading a post in the Canadian Wet Shaving group about someone who had the same issue with a Thater brush. Excess glue that was on the base of the hairs and had even gone onto the handle.

I don't think think they bought it from Bullgoose though, sounded like in Europe somewhere.

Nah I figure re using another old hanger and the two minutes it took outweighs using enamel paint. Still trying to figure out an up cycle option for boxes of blades (n)
Used blade boxes are great blade disposal containers. Or reload with carton based blades for storage or transport. Glue two together for razor head protector.
Game of dominoes? Reverse the paper card to draw the dots on it. :)

He did initially then changed his mind & refunded US$11 through PP
Interesting - did he give a reason why he gave 11$?

Not one that I agreed to. Anyway whatever comes of PayPals decision I am totally over it and put it down to just one of those things and will move on as I have done already anyway. So could be a Thaeter up for grabs with excess glue

Status
Not open for further replies.