Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Merkur 39c
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
Brush: Cheap omega / Vie-Long 13064
Soap: Cella/Proraso green
After-shave: Metilsol and Emulsion

Couldn't decided what soap, so I used both. Cella for the Omega and Proraso for the Horse.

Brush: Erskine ReKnot
Soap: Mike's Natural Bay Rum
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Feather [2]
After-shave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Islands Bay Rum
After-shave: Stirling Bay Rum balm

A speedy two pass with clean up.

The Stirling balm takes longer to absorb into the skin than the Burts Bees balm from yesterday. That gave it a very slight greasiness. Perhaps it was because the Burts Bees balm is more of a milk compared to the thicker Stirling balm. The scent of the Stirling balm didn't last as long either. It still gives a pleasing result of soothed and moisturised skin; I just have to wait longer for it.

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 31025
Soap: Vitos Original
Razor: Weber
Blade: Bolzano [1]
After-shave: Speick

Not sure if I credit this to the Bolzano or the Vitos but not a very good shave at all. No blood just scratchy and unpleasant. Shall not be repeating this little Italian combination.
P.S., @Mark1966 , hope the vintage Bolzanos are not at all the basis for the modern design as then I'd recommend giving them a miss...then again - blades - the ultimate YMMV

I'm sitting trying to think what to type but can only smile :) Next you'll be telling me I need 2 edges on my blades.
Slowly slowly ;)

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 31025
Soap: Vitos Original
Razor: Weber
Blade: Bolzano [1]
After-shave: Speick

Not sure if I credit this to the Bolzano or the Vitos but not a very good shave at all. No blood just scratchy and unpleasant. Shall not be repeating this little Italian combination.
P.S., @Mark1966 , hope the vintage Bolzanos are not at all the basis for the modern design as then I'd recommend giving them a miss...then again - blades - the ultimate YMMV

I think it's the blades. Never had too much joy with them either, while Vitos is definitely a decent enough cream to give you enough glide...

1924 - SE. What a sensational combination of numbers and letters. Anyway you look at it, it is a perfect shave.
@alfredus just to see how the other half or 80% lives I tried the mysterious black art of face lathering today. I always did in the past but only on a ratty piece of bath soap with a frayed piece of fencing wire. I'm amazed this new fangled idea worked. Still it felt like I was cheating somehow as it was effortless. I'm sitting here contemplating ways I can make it more complicated :)

Face lathered with the #6 Turkish Borse :) My unscented soap. Version #4
The Ever Ready 1924 is just the most sensational razor. Shave 2 on the GEM blade was so smooth, sharp and comfortable.
Cold water face shower to finish and that was it.
No nicks or cuts or irritation.

Welcome to the happy world of face lathering...and now the quest for the perfect face lathering brush begins :D :D :D

Razor: Feather Asd2
Blade: Feather (1)[/COLOR]✓[/COLOR]
Brush: Chubby 2 super [COLOR]✓[/COLOR]
Soap: MDC Fougere ✓[/COLOR]
Aftershaveve: old spice

The Feather/feather combo is a match made in heaven [emoji56]

Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson restored with Simpsons Super
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Polsilver
Cream: GFT Sandalwood
A/S: GFT Sandalwood Skinfood
Do you have any photos of the brush? It sounds terrific! [emoji106]

Thursday 21 May 2015

201679d1432205315-sun-may-17th-sat-may-23rd-sotd-21052015.jpg

Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

This shave has been very special as I had two new shaving products to test. A special shave like this one deserved a magnificent straight razor and, of course, it had to be a Mastro Livi. This was the first time I could test my new pre-shave oil and I must say it works very well, giving a super smooth skin and allowing the best slickness for the blade. I also had the chance to test this great shaving soap - a truly appreciated gift my friend "stefanosup" gave me last Tuesday - and it proved to be an excellent shaving soap. It is a precious and "old Italian style" artisan shaving soap and sold by Aguzzeria del Cavallo, the most ancient shop in Bologna and being in business since 1783. Superb Mastro Livi straight razor, magnificent pre-shave oil and excellent shaving soap for a truly luxurious shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Artisan Almond Soap
  • Brush: Omega Badger 63167
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Status
Not open for further replies.