Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's SE rotation the Micromatic Bullet Tip. Extremely smooooth shave however this one is a lady who doesn't like inattention despite being a refined design, so, today I concentrated as if it was an MMOC and the shave was BBS in 2 and a bit passes no blood and no irritation. I'm thrilled with the variation in the SE razors over a long historical time frame. Today's shave was #6 on the GEM blade and really good. Nothing to indicate it was ready to disappoint.

Soap was mine and today bowl lathered. :) No difference.
Brush was #6 Turkish

In today's SE rotation the Micromatic Bullet Tip. Extremely smooooth shave however this one is a lady who doesn't like inattention despite being a refined design, so, today I concentrated as if it was an MMOC and the shave was BBS in 2 and a bit passes no blood and no irritation. I'm thrilled with the variation in the SE razors over a long historical time frame. Today's shave was #6 on the GEM blade and really good. Nothing to indicate it was ready to disappoint.

Soap was mine and today bowl lathered. :) No difference.
Brush was #6 Turkish

Has yours got "The Guiding Eye" stamped on the cap?

Razor: DE89 with Weber Classic Handle
Blade: Merkur (2)
Brush: FS Purtech
Soap: Soap Commander Passion
Aftershave: Old Spice

I just had to do it. Last shave I tried a Merkur just out of curiosity. Hadn't tried one for ages. I thought, they can't be as crap as I remembered. I was wrong... :) Take 2 was no better. It took 3 passes with way more pressure than I was used to to get an average shave. What I have left is going in the bin. And they charge a premium for these things???

Last edited:
No shave for 8 days now - really feel like a hip(ster)py - and I guess 2 more to go - but then I will treat myself!

Which lucky razor gets the job of tackling all that undergrowth @alfredus? Or will it be a trip to a European barber for the luxury of a straight razor shave?

Whichever it is, hope you enjoy the process...

Brush: Semouge 620 Boar
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Rose scented
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Rapira (3).
Aftershave: Alum

First shave with LPL soap. The scent is not as strong as other soaps but it smells great. Two pass shave this morning. Soap performed well. Great post feel to the face after the shave.

This morning in the SE shave rotation the 1924 stepped up to the whiskers for shave #7 on the current GEM blade. The 1924 gives an amazing sensation of the blade as it is cutting. 2 passes no blood and BBS. It is very difficult to have a favourite SE razor when they are all so good.
Soap Mine - Coconut Avocado blend
Turkish #6 - Face lathered.
Splash of Witch Hazel to finish.

1924 - such a good year.

Interestingly, the second shave wasn't fantastic but not too bad. First shave was a cracker though. Really nice combo in the 37c.

Not sure which Rapira but they came from you I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.