Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

...and then there's this...

1999a9Fl.jpeg

Reusing this image as I'd already packed up the Vestige.

Razor: Titanium Vestige ++
Soap: Cella (sample)
Brush: Omega Boar 10098

Time to pack up and return the razors to @Errol . This is the razor I'll miss.
The Alpha Spirit was very good but I'm just as happy with my Colonial General (Brass and SSII versions) and the Blackland Vector.
I do like my Blackland Sabre but it's just not as forgiving as the Vestige.
The Vestige is exceptional. I'll live without it for a while and see if think it drops into the 'want' or 'need' box. (I think it's need :ROFLMAO: ) Question is - does the Titanium (or copper or bronze for that matter) warrant the extra bucks? Being used to heavier razors, at first the Titanium almost feels 'cheap' but after several uses, I'm liking it....... a lot.

Just as well you live the other side of Aus Errol. On one hand I want to hug you for letting me try these razors :), but on the other hand I want to belt you one for making me think I need another razor.:banghead::ROFLMAO:

1999a9Fl.jpeg

The Alpha Spirit was very good but I'm just as happy with my Colonial General (Brass and SSII versions) and the Blackland Vector.
The Vestige is exceptional. I'll live without it for a while and see if think it drops into the 'want' or 'need' box. (I think it's need :ROFLMAO: ) Question is - does the Titanium (or copper or bronze for that matter) warrant the extra bucks? Being used to heavier razors, at first the Titanium almost feels 'cheap' but after several uses, I'm liking it....... a lot.

Just as well you live the other side of Aus Errol. On one hand I want to hug you for letting me try these razors :), but on the other hand I want to belt you one for making me think I need another razor.:banghead::ROFLMAO:
Hey @Pbgoose don't forget that @Gargravarr needs another tub of smoky lavender.

@Gargravarr shut up! You can't say NO THANK YOU!!

SOTD Monday 23 September
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Arko
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.
1st use on this blade from the Saloon pack.
Very nice daily shave to start the week. No weepers or irritation.

Arko isn’t to everyone’s taste regarding the scent, it can be a little citronella.
The scent does dissipate quite quickly, however the creamy dense lather from Arko is as good as anything.

I always bowl lather, similar method to Uncle Laurie, 2-3 minutes whipping a great lather.

- Anyone else use Laurie’s method?

I understand the feeling completely. A couple of years ago, I hadn't imagined any razor could supplant my Vector, let alone the Sabre, but both have pretty much been left languishing in a drawer since my Vestige and WR4 arrived. And the Vestige now takes the crown of being the one I'd run back into a burning building for.

I have even been giving some thought to letting the Vector go. :eek:

1999a9Fl.jpeg

Cella?
Omega??
Wrong picture???
😂

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- KANGAROO tallow shaving soap with Raw Milk, ROSEMARY and CEDARWOOD Aussie Made
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

This soap has completely FAILED! It's very slick, but, the lather disappears very quickly on my face no matter how much soap you loaded the brushed.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- KANGAROO tallow shaving soap with Raw Milk, ROSEMARY and CEDARWOOD Aussie Made
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

This soap has completely FAILED! It's very slick, but, the lather disappears very quickly on my face no matter how much soap you loaded the brushed.
Thank you @SpeedyPC for your feedback on the soap.

PXL-20240923-235244722.jpg

Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender

It's been a while since I last used this soap. CF has the purest, brightest true lavender scent I've come across in any soap.

PXL-20240923-235244722.jpg

Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender

It's been a while since I last used this soap. CF has the purest, brightest true lavender scent I've come across in any soap.
When are you giving WFTWs a run?

Soooo.........How do you rate the WR4? Do I need one? :ROFLMAO: You mentioned you may even move on the Vector! That would've been blasphemy a couple of years ago.:LOL:

Soooo.........How do you rate the WR4? Do I need one? :ROFLMAO: You mentioned you may even move on the Vector! That would've been blasphemy a couple of years ago.:LOL:
F ** K wolfy... Just get yourself a Blackland Sabre v2.0 SS, absolutely a BLOODY REAL KEEPER!

I'll be getting out the WFTW tomorrow. I've had it before, and remember liking it.

The WR4, as @Errol mentioned in his reviews (there are two) is perfection. Having had a trial run with his razor convinced me to go with the 0.7 gap, but on reflection I would probably have been at least as happy with the 0.6. Also really happy with the premium brushed finish, it's very svelte. Yes, you probably do want one, but I am definitely not telling Mme G how much I paid for it. :eek:

but I am definitely not telling Mme G how much I paid for it. :eek:
Don’t worry she’ll find out sooner or later, she’s not bloody stupid using a computer, iPad or phone to look it up, because, theirs an engraved wolfman named on your razor easy peasy.