Shave of the Day - 2024

FF.jpg

Razor: R. Marchand (France)
Brush: Ever-Ready 150.....Restored 22mm Boar
Soap: ARKO
H&B Balm

SOTD Saturday 19 October
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Stirling – Lemon Chill
  • Post Shave Nivia Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Evening Shave.
The Feather blade was in my 1961 Gillette FatBoy today.
3rd use on this blade. Head & face shave.
I missed my morning shave, so the Feather was my choice for 36hr growth. A great blade so smooth.

I was very lucky to receive a Soap sample PIF. Today I used the Stirling Soap Co, Lemon Chill. I really loved the scent, lemon with menthol.
This will be a great summer soap especially with the Perth heat. My skin had a light tingle throughout the shave, a nice fresh experience.

20 October - SR shave No. 1767
This afternoon was a shave test of @Andrew C's Gold Monkey 666 that I honed up for him from a rather good factory edge. The resultant edge gave a very satisfactory shave in all positions, including the fool's pass.
UIZl5s3.jpg

all is good with this razor. Now to just refresh the edge on diamond pasted hanging balsa, pack it up and ship it back to @Andrew C

SOTD Sunday 20 October
  • Razor Gillette Super Adjustable 109 Q1 (5)
  • Blade Viking Sword Blade
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Vulfix Pure Badger
  • Soap Ariana & Evans – Asian Plum
  • Post Shave Nivia Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Viking Sword was in my 1971 Gillette Super Adjustable today.
3rd use on this blade. Head & face shave.
Very smooth, a light touch was required with the Super Adjustable.
I did collect 1 very minor weeper. This and disappeared once I finished my head shave.

Another chance to use some soap sample PIF. This time Ariane & Evans Asian plum.
Scent notes: Plum, dried fruits, tobacco, tanka bean, coffee Vanilla, and plumeria.
The scent is quite mild (3/10) however very nice, sweet, subtle, with a distinct floral hint.
The soap easily whipped to a rich dense lather from the bowl.
Very good protection, I used less than 1 gm for a full head & face shave.

Another chance to use some soap sample PIF. This time Ariane & Evans Asian plum.
The scent is quite mild (3/10) however very nice, sweet, subtle, with a distinct floral hint.
Now there's an object lesson in how different our scent perception varies from one individual to another. Not too long after I joined this forum, I bought a tub of Asian Plum (I think I may have been attracted by the artwork on the label, which I still like), but found the scent so overwhelmingly sweet and cloying, I sold the tub to another member here without ever using it. I'm glad you like it.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Black Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural Soaps ~ Bergamot, Orange & Ylang Ylang
Razor/Blade:- GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip 1947-50 / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry for Men

The GEM micromatic bullet tip shaves exactly the same as the blackland sabre v2.0 level 2, but, the blackland sabre v2.0 is heavier than the bullet tip.

Gotta admit the blackland sabre v2.0 feels great in the hand against the GEM micromatic bullet tip, nothing wrong with the bullet tip during the shaves, just gotta make sure the gem top cap door is closed down properly.