Shave of the Day - 2024

4m8zRs7.jpg

Tanifuji Fukutarō Ba’Ba 1072 13/16 Hollow - Odax Ebony Synth - Speick Stick - Pitralon Classic - Sukin Moisturiser

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Taj (Ivory) Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Queen
Razor/Blade:- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 'Quantum' OC ('alpha' aggressive base plate) borrowed / Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

IMG-9573.png

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap: Lupus Rex - Claymore
Razor: Blackland - Vector

Not posted in a while - but still head shaving away :)

(Other than Imgur, are there any apps that make it easier to upload photos? Currently using PostImg but it’s a pain uploading the phot, then copying the link etc)

Other than Imgur, are there any apps that make it easier to upload photos? Currently using PostImg but it’s a pain uploading the phot, then copying the link etc
I can't think of any way of inserting the link here that doesn't involve copying and pasting the link. Unless of course you want to type it all by hand... :unsure: postimg works well enough for me, though occasionally they do have bad hair days, something unknown to me as a fellow head shaver :LOL:

hAuV3Ke.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Cream: Palmolive Rinfrescante
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge EdC

A most refreshing shave. And a shoutout to my Tassie mate @Gargravarr for his generous decant of the very elegant cologne.

PXL-20240106-201619594-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Proshave S
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Buku Abel Gesha (Ethiopia)

PXL-20240313-202823194-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandalwood
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Monsoon Malabar, India

Last run with the WR4 before I send it back home to daddy. It's been an eye-opener to see just how effortless a perfect GBS can be. (y) (y)
How does this compare to the Vector and Romulus?

How does this compare to the Vector and Romulus?
The Romulus (which I gather is the same razor as the Excalibur/Raster that I tried a while back) is essentially a poor man's Vector. It does give a creditable shave, but it's not up to the quality of the Vector, and it doesn't give the same freedom of shaving angle. The WR4 (at least in the 0.7 gap) gives a smoother shave than the Vector, and I could easily use it every day.