Shave of the Day - 2024

nK9RLo1.jpg

Shiozawa Tadaaki Focus 13/16 Hollow - Chisel & Hound Fanchurian - Eufros Lima-Especias - Razorock Lime Wax
You is a Manulel Fan , and me too, It's a few days I will enjoy a paella with him, is a great friend many years ago :)

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Queen
Razor/Blade:- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 'Quantum' OC ('alpha' aggressive base plate) borrowed / Wizamet Super Iridium #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

SOTD Saturday 29 June

• Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5)
  • Blade Treet (Pakistan)
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap
  • Brush Omega Pro 48 Boar
  • Cream Proraso – Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Nivea Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Gillette Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

The Morning Shave.

I was fortunate to receive a Blade PIF with a selection of 22 DE Blades. This is a great opportunity to try different blades.

I enjoyed the Treet blade, very smooth and comfortable. No irritation or drag. 0 nicks. Not sure of the number of shaves I may get from this blade, it does feel quite mild.

The blade come double wrapped, a plain wrapper inside the main envelope wrapper. The blade has a dark tint not seem very often.

The Omega Pro 48 has broken is very nicely and produces a great soft lather.

Proraso Sandalwood is a classic scent and very affordable shave cream.

30 June
I have completed another most enjoyable consecutive seven days of shaving with the Yamamasa kamisori. The rattan wrapping on the gara (handle) has certainly improved my handling of this razor. Whenever I shave with this razor, I have fond thoughts of my good friend @LesC who introduced me to this wonderful challenge.
UfjLZZr.jpg

After more than 20 three-pass shaves with this razor, I feel that now my kamisori shaving technique has improved enough that I can remove the muting on the toe of this blade and clean up the grinding on the blade's point.

For next week, I will work my way through a matching seven-day set of Titan ACRO T.H-70 SRs.

HSOTD - 30.06.24

IMG-9588.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot shower & pears soap
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap: Mitchell’s - Wool Fat
Razor: Blackland - Blackbird
Blade: Gillette - 7 O’clock (yellow)
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydroboost

Jumping on the bandwagon and giving Pears Soap a go in the pre shave department. I’m not sure what the smell is but I like it. Ended up being $8 for 3 bars from Woolies

Not used the Blackbird in a while - I think the last time I used it no prisoners were taken and my head looked like a scene from Rambo. Obviously left me traumatised becuase I didn’t clean it properly and the razor had flecks of rust on it.

MWF - still love it. Reckon I’ll be handing it down to my kids. I don’t think the puck has gotten any smaller since I’ve had it (2002?). Just wish I could get it to fill out the jar lol

C

HSOTD - 30.06.24

IMG-9588.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot shower & pears soap
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap: Mitchell’s - Wool Fat
Razor: Blackland - Blackbird
Blade: Gillette - 7 O’clock (yellow)
Moisturiser: Neutrogena - Hydroboost

Jumping on the bandwagon and giving Pears Soap a go in the pre shave department. I’m not sure what the smell is but I like it. Ended up being $8 for 3 bars from Woolies

Not used the Blackbird in a while - I think the last time I used it no prisoners were taken and my head looked like a scene from Rambo. Obviously left me traumatised becuase I didn’t clean it properly and the razor had flecks of rust on it.

MWF - still love it. Reckon I’ll be handing it down to my kids. I don’t think the puck has gotten any smaller since I’ve had it (2002?). Just wish I could get it to fill out the jar lol

C
That’s the Pears Original, the Reject Shop also have the Mint and Lemon bars $2 each.
Amazing value, one bar last for months.

PXL-20230614-235537940-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

SOTD – Sun.30Jun2024

Razors: Shave-off between the ALU Overlander and the new ALU Alpha “Shave Dad” Evolution.

SOTD-20240630-setup.png

Shave Report: Lather performance was excellent, better than TOBS cream IMO. From the lather my nose it smells of Geranium forward Floral and some light Green notes, scent strength 6/10. Both razors gave me great Mildish Efficient result but there has to be a winner so my nod goes to the Overlander by a small margin.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap for Shave/Face
  • Brush: Hushua “Cloud And Green Fields” with 24/53 APShave 2BED knot
  • Soap: St.James of London - Lavender & Geranium shaving cream
  • Bowl: Yaqi Green Plastic “Duke”
  • Razor 1: Alpha Limited Edition “Shave Dad” Evolution, Aluminium (47gm; Blade Gap - 0.7 mm; Blade Exposure - Neutral?; Handle - 90mm/14mm)
  • Razor 2: Karve Aluminium Overlander (Weight - 38gm with blade; Blade Gap - 0.73mm; Blade Exposure - 0.07mm; Handle - 90mm/12.5mm)
  • Blades: Wizamet Super Iridium Razor (3)
  • Astringent: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with T.Tree oil & Menthol Crystals
  • Balm: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm
  • After Shave: Clubman Pinaud AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion

SOTW...

PXL-20240630-223135730-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen