Shave of the Day - 2024

xoEoSeE.jpg

Koraat Sheffield 15/16 Half Hollow - Semogue 820 - Speick Stick & Splash - Sukin Moisturiser

First shave with the reknotted Chisel & Hound. The wonderful @TroyTools kindly removed the Fanchurian with the awful gelled tips and replaced it with a 2-Band Finest, which really does the lovely handle justice. Thanks again Troy! :)

jxgwL28.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 8/8 Hollow - C&H Elm 2-Band Finest - Eufros Gea - Floïd Vigoroso - Sukin Moisturiser

PXL-20240804-222031251-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Noble Otter Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Sabre V1 L2 (TroyCraft stand to match brush)
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge EdC

First shave with the reknotted Chisel & Hound. The wonderful @TroyTools kindly removed the Fanchurian with the awful gelled tips and replaced it with a 2-Band Finest, which really does the lovely handle justice. Thanks again Troy! :)

jxgwL28.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 8/8 Hollow - C&H Elm 2-Band Finest - Eufros Gea - Floïd Vigoroso - Sukin Moisturiser
You're most welcome mate. Glad you're now enjoying a very fine handle befitting daily usage. (y)

BKlhV55.jpeg
Last months rotation wasn’t rotating much due to the enjoyment I experienced using the Kamisori.
Back to it now though.
I total understand you love affair with the kamisori. I also found that with my kamisori experience, the quality of my western SR shaving noticeably improved.

Lovely SR box you have there. I am working on making a box for my kamisori. That project is currently on hold while I build a timber rocking horse for an underprivileged child that I know.

cBKKFu1.jpeg
@karol.elec & @rbscebu, I usually rotate through seven or so straight razors from my collection every month. I have a friend who is a very accomplished wood worker and some years ago I asked him if he could make me a box to store the razors whilst removed from the main collection. The result is what you see here, a one of a kind made from Australian native timber (can’t remember which species..... my bad!)
Thanks for the kind comments.​

cBKKFu1.jpeg
@karol.elec & @rbscebu, I usually rotate through seven or so straight razors from my collection every month. I have a friend who is a very accomplished wood worker and some years ago I asked him if he could make me a box to store the razors whilst removed from the main collection. The result is what you see here, a one of a kind made from Australian native timber (can’t remember which species..... my bad!)
Thanks for the kind comments.​
Ok.
That means not for sale😂
By the way does anyone know about some nice SR boxes? I am looking for one. Minimum for 4 SRs.

SOTD Tuesday 6 August
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Proraso – Red – Sandalwood with Shea Butter
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm
The Morning Shave.

The Feather blade was in my Gillette 1950’s British Rocket FlareTip today.
I missed a Monday shave so had a good growth for the Feather Blade. Really comfortable shave.
IMO the Feather performs best with a 2 day or more growth rather than a daily shave blade.

I usually use the Pears sops as my pre-shave, I picked up a triple pack of the Tricare from Aldi ($4.00) after watching Laurie Steven, (UncleL Shaves) Youtube.
I don’t rotate my pre-shave soap, so 1 bar lasts over 6 months.
The Tricare is a good soap, unscented more suited to a sensitive skin.

The Proraso Red has a really nice scent. Good rich lather and good protection.

post a pic

Last edited:
OiCj3oF.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Santa Maria Novella Santa Maria Del Fiore After Shave Lotion
Scent: Creed Taberome Millesime EdP