Shave of the Day - 2024

3vmWYX4.jpg

Koraat Sheffield 15/16 Half Hollow - Semogue OC Boar - Eufros Argos - Razorock Lime Wax

SOTD Thursday 15 August
  • Razor Gillette Super Adjustable 109 (5) O1
  • Blade Gillette Minora – Stainless (2)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Arko
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.

The Gillette Minora was in my 1964 Gillette Super Adjustable 109 today.
2nd use today and another very smooth shave. No nicks or weepers.
It is quite a sharp blade so a close shave. I enjoyed the Nivea cooling balm to finish.

The print on the blade rubs off when cleaning, I’ve only seen this on the Minora blades.

Arko is not everyone choice of soap, the scent is quite distinctive, it does dissipate quite quickly. No one can deny this soap produces a great creamy lather with plenty of slick protection.

PXL-20240814-202355509-MP.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Yardley stick
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Anthelios Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge EdC

I decided to bring one or two treats on this trip, so here I'm starting on a one-of-its-kind ancient Yardley stick, made (or packed) before any of the Royal Warrants (ie pre-1921), virgo intacta in its little glass jar. Lovely stuff. :love:

SOTD Thursday 15 August
  • Razor Gillette Super Adjustable 109 (5) O1
  • Blade Gillette Minora – Stainless (2)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Arko
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.

The Gillette Minora was in my 1964 Gillette Super Adjustable 109 today.
2nd use today and another very smooth shave. No nicks or weepers.
It is quite a sharp blade so a close shave. I enjoyed the Nivea cooling balm to finish.

The print on the blade rubs off when cleaning, I’ve only seen this on the Minora blades.

Arko is not everyone choice of soap, the scent is quite distinctive, it does dissipate quite quickly. No one can deny this soap produces a great creamy lather with plenty of slick protection.

The only downside weakest problem is the famous well known piss stick, doesn't give you any post shave fatty feel to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
Its just a simple cheapo piss stick, easy to lather and totally stress-free.

The only downside weakest problem is the famous well known piss stick, doesn't give you any post shave fatty feel to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
It’s just a simple cheapo piss stick, easy to lather and totally stress-free.
@SpeedyPC, I was waiting for your response 😂

Too be honest it’s not a great scent, but I do find I can make a really dense lather.

I’m a bit of a frugal shaver so this does fit a purpose for me.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Bulb Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Meißner Tremonia Lavender Deluxe (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Maybe I am classic or not, unfortunately I am facing towards the end of the road and seriously mentally tired. My left eye is gone finished, done and dust since I had my fifth retinal detachment eye surgery, I've lost 85% vision now partly blind. It's been very hard for me to find myself again, I've been down that dark path many times over for nearly 50 years, being born profoundly deaf and being born cerebral palsy, and going blind soon in future with only one eye left.

@Gargravarr I've received your mail..... Thank you.... It's time for me to clean out my den..... So mote it.

Edit:- I'll be moving into a retirement home in 3 months

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)

Maybe I am classic or not, unfortunately I am facing towards the end of the road and seriously mentally tired. My left eye is gone finished, done and dust since I had my fifth retinal detachment eye surgery, I've lost 85% vision now partly blind. It's been very hard for me to find myself again, I've been down that dark path many times over for nearly 50 years, being born profoundly deaf and being born cerebral palsy, and going blind soon in future with only one eye left.

@Gargravarr I've received your mail..... Thank you.... It's time for me to clean out my den..... So mote it.

giphy.gif

Take care mate, always enjoy your interactions within the group.
Thoughts are with you, 🤞

Edit:- I'll be moving into a retirement home in 3 months

giphy.gif
Really sorry to hear that mate