Shave of the Day - 2024

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Bulb Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Meißner Tremonia Lavender Deluxe (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50 made in England / Gillette Nacet #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Maybe I am classic or not, unfortunately I am facing towards the end of the road and seriously mentally tired. My left eye is gone finished, done and dust since I had my fifth retinal detachment eye surgery, I've lost 85% vision now partly blind. It's been very hard for me to find myself again, I've been down that dark path many times over for nearly 50 years, being born profoundly deaf and being born cerebral palsy, and going blind soon in future with only one eye left.

@Gargravarr I've received your mail..... Thank you.... It's time for me to clean out my den..... So mote it.

Edit:- I'll be moving into a retirement home in 3 months

giphy.gif
I am very sorry.
Take care Speedy🤞

SOTD Friday 16 August
  • Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5) J4
  • Blade Tiger Platinum (3)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword Black – Barber Style
  • Post Shave Nivea Sensitive Pro Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm

I made a mistake with yesterday’s SOTD, I noted it was a 1964 Super Slim Adjustable, it was my 1969. So today I thought only fitting to use the correct 1964.
A few people did spot the error, so at least we know the posts are being read, very impressive to spot a date code error.

The Morning Shave.
The Tiger Platinum was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.
3rd use on this blade, full head & face shaves. another very smooth shave. No nicks or weepers.
1st shave was quite sharp but his blade has settled now and very comfortable.

The Tricare Goats milk soap is a very good pre-shave. Unscented so no scent distractions.

The Wilkinson Sword Black has a very nice light citrus scent, almost identical to the Blue however the Black Barber style dissipated very quickly once the lather has been built.

Razor : Gillette Rocket HD
Soap And Bowl : Mitchell's wool fat (the only one I have at this time)
Brush : Horse Hair unknown
Blades : Astra
Aftershave : (You can't miss it )
IMG-8390.jpg
I also have the Gillette British rocket HD. A great shaver. We don't see the Rocket much on the SOTD posts. Where did you buy the large Proraso aftershave, I've only ever seen the smaller bottles from the ShaverShop.

I also have the Gillette British rocket HD. A great shaver. We don't see the Rocket much on the SOTD posts. Where did you buy the large Proraso aftershave, I've only ever seen the smaller bottles from the ShaverShop.
Hi Garry357 I either got it on Amazon or Ebay as just search 400 ml bottle.
The Rocket HD is a great shave I agree to me the old Gillette's are still the benchmark.
Cheers.

Great Victoria Desert Camp Shave

ne7Iw6T.jpg

Prep:
Jack Black Turbo Wash Gel, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Creed Original Vetiver EdP

Glamped the Camp with some Creed juice. :cool:

SOTD Saturday 17 August
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Gillette Minora Stainless (3)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Jack The Barber - Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Post Shave Balm
The Morning Shave.

Not quite a morning shave today, closer to afternoon.
After a long walk with Poppy an American Bulldog a shower & shave was a welcome refresh.

The Gillette Minora Stainless was in my 1961 Gillette Adjustable FatBoy today.
3rd use on this blade, full head & face shave.

The Jack the Barber cream whipped into a very soft creamy lather with plenty of protection.
The shave was effortlessly smooth with no weepers.
The Sandalwood scent is quite mild. It was a little hot out today, so decided on the Thayers Facial Toner. Very refreshing post shave.

For the animal lovers, here is a picture of Poppy.