Shave of the Day - 2024

1410.jpg

Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple 15/16 Hollow - Semogue OC Boar - Stirling Varen - Pitralon Classic - Sukin Moisturiser

Nice looking razor, photo shows it to be a “rattler” type grind?
Not a "Rattler". Rattler has a much thicker spine. It's an el cheapo Soviet razor, 5/8 full hollow, no stabilisers and produced for the masses. Once properly honed it gives me a one pass (WTG) + touchup DFS. Not bad for $AUD35 including shipping from Ukraine.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Shavemac 'Crushed Mud' Resin 24/52mm Fan G5C Premium Synth.
Soap/Cream:- Mike s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry for Men
Tonight Tipple:- NED Sour Mash Australian Whisky ...... Aussie Ned, Aussie Ned, Aussie Ned ..... Oi, Oi, Oi

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Shavemac 'Crushed Mud' Resin 24/52mm Fan G5C Premium Synth.
Soap/Cream:- Mike s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Sabre v2.0 - L2 SS Matted / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry for Men
Tonight Tipple:- NED Sour Mash Australian Whisky ...... Aussie Ned, Aussie Ned, Aussie Ned ..... Oi, Oi, Oi
I gather you like the new Sabre... Have you tried the other baseplates? I think Shane said something about the L1 and L2 being equivalent to the V1, but "more efficient". I wonder what he means by that. Would you be interested in trying the V1 L2 for comparison?

I gather you like the new Sabre... Have you tried the other baseplates? I think Shane said something about the L1 and L2 being equivalent to the V1, but "more efficient". I wonder what he means by that. Would you be interested in trying the V1 L2 for comparison?
L1 is very similar to the 1912 Gem.
L2 is a setup from the 1912 Gem
L3 is the Blackbird Lite
L4 is the Blackbird Standard

L2 feels fantastic on my neck going against the grain when using a thick gem blade, but, L3 feels a little harsh on my neck going against the grain when using the gem blade.

L1 is very similar to the 1912 Gem.
L2 is a setup from the 1912 Gem
L3 is the Blackbird Lite
L4 is the Blackbird Standard

L2 feels fantastic on my neck going against the grain when using a thick gem blade, but, L3 feels a little harsh on my neck going against the grain when using the gem blade.
Further more the L2 is very close to a Gem G bar, and the Ever Ready Streamline Jewel is very close to a L4 or maybe in between L3 and L4, nowhere near L3.

Last edited: