Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (13)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Badger and Bristle' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano

Ahhh

37698721471_94051a4489_b.jpg

Yesterday’s shave. Simple products that perform well.

37441034980_f50e4b72c4_c.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Fantome de Menthol
Razor: Bengall 6/8"
Pleasant shave this morning. I was pining for a straight razor. The soap went well but would possibly be a disappointment to menthol fans as it lives up to its name, 'only the ghost of menthol' in there. I'm not sure about the scent profile. I added spearmint to complement the menthol but it reminds me too much of tooth paste. Thinking I should up the Patchouli content. Still..a pleasant coolness to the face half an hour post shave. Lather Shot from yesterday.
I had a nice compliment yesterday. I had given a Tony Forsyth brush and a tub of Pimento Silk to my Father In Law for Fathers Day. He commented to my Mother In Law that he thought the skin on his face had improved.:)

Your 6C is *very* dark. It's beautiful.
Is it the 'gunmetal'?

On release, Rockwell had criticisms that the gunmetal razors were barely different from the polished (which I have). Has that changed? Or it it just the lighting?
I believe there were some of the white chromes delivered in the gunmetal boxes. People were contacting Gareth and he was swapping over.

I believe there were some of the white chromes delivered in the gunmetal boxes. People were contacting Gareth and he was swapping over.
Aaah. That makes more sense.

But yeah. That gunmetal is super sexy.

Date: 15 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless #5
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Relaxed Sunday morning shave with the Eufros Tierra Humeda - wonderful scent and performance

I am glad you picked up that lot Tony, it's great to see such a nice soap getting so much use. For the non-tallow formula Manuel blows it out of the water!

Your 6C is *very* dark. It's beautiful.
Is it the 'gunmetal'?

On release, Rockwell had criticisms that the gunmetal razors were barely different from the polished (which I have). Has that changed? Or it it just the lighting?
Thanks, @lerenau! The Rockwell 6C Gunmetal that I have is pretty dark...like a real shiny charcoal finish. I’m hoping that the Model T that I have on Kickstarter looks like this too :)

BtkBZynl.jpg

Brush: SJoL Silvertip
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Minx (5)
Cream: Ingrams
A/S: B&M Reserve Cool

Been a few ears since I last used an Eclipse. Must say it's just as I remembered it, very efficient but awkward in my hand. Not sure if it's a keeper or not at this stage.

I am not sure if the expression "blast from the past" would apply in the context, but today I had a shave exactly like I use to have a few months ago, so:

razor: merkur 42c
blade: Astra green
brush: Frank shaving mix
soap: APR FBR face lathered
splash: Floid suave

and what a shave!!!. As a friend says, Floid is great when you are not planning to meet any friend or worst, girl :p

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend and his partner that I have not seen in maybe.... 7-8 years? just 150000 Km away from our local patches aiming to show them platypus not far from Hobart... xD

Pre: DR Harris Coconut Bar, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: German Shick (1)
EDP: APR Suitably Attired Australian
Traveling again - this time a long way from home. Whilst the photo shows the Schick Premium (Wilkie Classic) plastic fantastic razor, I changed my mind at the last moment and loaded up my Futur. Three comfortable passes for a DFS+ with no claret. The audible feedback from the German Schick blade was really loud; I’d rate it as a good all-rounder blade. Didn’t get me as class as other combos, but quite smooth and no nicks or weepers. Flying the flag for Aussie products over here with the APR fragrance.

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Simpson Jubilee LE 19/150 shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert aftershave
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

Kermit was WRONG!

kermitthefrog2.jpg

It is VERY easy with the APR Couer de Vert, oh so easy and so nice. Now, if only I could follow the instructions on the blade case -

Status
Not open for further replies.