Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt it can be, from what I saw it was priority issue from the management
There didn’t seem to be specific goals or targets just the mentality of “get involved with everything” and everything was treated with the same urgency which makes no sense to me.
I guess as the real estate market slows, everyone gets more stressed out. Still no excuse for your boss being a dick about it.:(
Something will turn up mate. hang in there:)

I guess as the real estate market slows, everyone gets more stressed out. Still no excuse for your boss being a dick about it.:(
Something will turn up mate. hang in there:)
I’m not worried, life is too short to suffer that crap.
I’m willing to wade through all manner of crap when we are are on the level but when we disagree on life priorities at such a fundamental level it wasn’t going to work so it’s better to call it before it becomes bitter.

IMG_0005.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Maggards V3 head on MR1 handle
Blade: Astra
Soap: Proraso White
Tried the V3 head on the MR1 handle and to my disappointment the shave felt uncomfortable after the first pass, to the point where I grabbed my trusty Merkur 34C to complete the shave :( I had already tried the V3A head a while back which was an efficient shave so to my surprise the V3 seemed the more aggressive razor despite the clear difference in blade gap between the two heads? I look forward to experimenting with different blade types as both razor heads shave well, in this particular shave too well for my liking, before I make my final judgement. I really love the razor handle :) Happy shaves!

Feather Artist Club DX non folding
Feather AC Pro blade (2)
Shaver Heaven Juicy Froot Tallow v3
Omega S10005
Re lather and rinse

A BBS shave but too close with a couple of weepers. I'm amazed how much lather this little synth can hold although it may just be the SH soap has a wide window where re-lathering after each pass is easy.

I know I should just take a leaf out of the @bald as playbook and stop after an excellent single pass DFS but I just can't help myself...

There really is little doubt when one pass more is one pass too many. Usually it is when the the shave feels so good. :)

Razor: Supply v2 (mild)
Blade: Schick ProLine (#2)
Brush: The Stray Whisker 452 synthetic (24mm)
Soap/Cream: WhollyKaw - Man from Mayfair (Tallow and Donkey Milk)
Aftershave: APR - Australians All

I was fortunate enough to have a friend lend me a tub of WhollyKaw - Man from Mayfair to try.
The old ass-milk formulation has quite the reputation so I was quite looking forward to this shave.

Check that ass
For me, the scent was... Not great.
Scents usually don't bother me too much within reason... But, this one just doesn't agree with. To my nose, this has a green-tobacco scent.
I'm sure others will like it. But, I would be buying one of the other scents.

Work that ass
WhollyKaw is one of the greatest latherers I have ever used. Period. So thick. So creamy.
It can take a pounding and rewards you with a lather against which all other's will be judged.
It's user-friendly and performance is second to none.

Love that ass
The performance of the soap itself is superb. No question.
However, the scent profile makes me ill. And, I think I had a slight reaction to the fragrance oils. Just a tingle. But, it was there.

Would I buy it?
Absolutely. But, in more compatible fragrance.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (8)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

Avoided the lumps - went for the great APR option, good choice!

Last edited:
Razor: Fatboy (9)
Blade: vintage Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Haslinger misc yellow stuff
Frag: Black Xs

Well two interviews today so I can’t look entirely homeless, loved everything about this combination and the wife likes the Black XS frag so hopefully my interviewers will too.
It’s kinda funny, the second interview is with a guy who has the exact same name as a buddy of mine, good omen hopefully

aF8pFCF.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Timeless
Feather
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer Aftershave
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer EDP

Razor: Fatboy (9)
Blade: vintage Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Haslinger misc yellow stuff
Frag: Black Xs

Well two interviews today so I can’t look entirely homeless, loved everything about this combination and the wife likes the Black XS frag so hopefully my interviewers will too.
It’s kinda funny, the second interview is with a guy who has the exact same name as a buddy of mine, good omen hopefully

Hope the interviews go well mate! (y)

aF8pFCF.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Timeless
Feather
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer Aftershave
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer EDP

Very classy looking shave (and photo) mate! (y)

27338800779_193beb8f58_z.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Fantome de Menthol
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather Pro Guard
AS: Australians All
Nice shave to start the working week and thankful I can still move after a small concreting job yesterday. :)

Last edited:
Brush: Omega
Razor: Maggard V2 Open Comb head on MR1 handle
Blade: QShave
Pre: PAA Prickly Pear bar
Soap: Proraso white

A great shave today using the Maggard V2 Open Comb head. A very close shave with a few nicks around my neck which I attribute mostly to the QShave blade. Otherwise a great buy and of all the Maggard heads I've tried so far I'd rate this the best ;) Only have the slant to go before I make my finally judgement :) Happy shaves!

first whased my face with a patchuli artisan hands soap I got from Flinder island, and then
Merkur 42c with Wilkinson
yaqi 'sagrada familia'
Squadron soap 'The Warden'
Shower
APR Australians All splash

I made a mall cut in an irritated area on my chin, nothing serios, and it does not affect the overall rating of the shave, which is quite high. I got also today some feather DE blades in a local store, To be tested tomorrow :)

FP5Oz5J.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the and some perfect Mike's lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful start into the new week (y)

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (9)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

Off to SYD, so Aqua di Sydney seems entirely appropriate!

Last (?) trip for the year, at home till 8 January after today :)

Will be a hot one in CBR - take care where ever you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.