Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled

Pre: Occam's Original Pre-shave soap
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Australian Private Reserve Bois de Santal de verveine Aftershave splash
EdP: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft

Congratulations to the Aussie Cricket Team on regaining the Ashes here in Perth earlier today. As a tribute, I included many of my favourite Australian-made items in my SOTN.
A delightful DFS+ on an unseasonably cool summer evening.

Razor: Supply v2 (mild)
Blade: Schick ProLine (#2)
Brush: The Stray Whisker 452 synthetic (24mm)
Soap/Cream: WhollyKaw - Man from Mayfair (Tallow and Donkey Milk)
Aftershave: APR - Australians All

I was fortunate enough to have a friend lend me a tub of WhollyKaw - Man from Mayfair to try.
The old ass-milk formulation has quite the reputation so I was quite looking forward to this shave.

Check that ass
For me, the scent was... Not great.
Scents usually don't bother me too much within reason... But, this one just doesn't agree with. To my nose, this has a green-tobacco scent.
I'm sure others will like it. But, I would be buying one of the other scents.

Work that ass
WhollyKaw is one of the greatest latherers I have ever used. Period. So thick. So creamy.
It can take a pounding and rewards you with a lather against which all other's will be judged.
It's user-friendly and performance is second to none.

Love that ass
The performance of the soap itself is superb. No question.
However, the scent profile makes me ill. And, I think I had a slight reaction to the fragrance oils. Just a tingle. But, it was there.

Would I buy it?
Absolutely. But, in more compatible fragrance.
So, given the fragrance concerns, I take it you're giving it the ass?

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

I haven't used the SV 70th for some time - as you can tell!

Definite separation in the aftershave. A bit of googling indicates that this is not uncommon. A vigorous shake or five and -

Almost there. Still a little 'lumpy' on application. Still all in all -

A great summery line up!
My bottle has suffered the same fate. Apparently SV will replace it if you return the bottle to them, but the stuff still works and smells good, so, as my fellow wet shaver @lerenau would say, I cant' be assed ;).

This is my first proper shave for more than two weeks....

APR Fresca + APR suitably attired summer

gnNokKP.jpg

what a shave!
Nice looking lather there, Mawson ;).

My bottle has suffered the same fate. Apparently SV will replace it if you return the bottle to them, but the stuff still works and smells good, so, as my fellow wet shaver @lerenau would say, I cant' be assed ;).

Yeah, so I’ve heard. It still largely works - but with some gloopy-ness

Today I was not going to met anyone till late in the afternoon, so I had a morning "stinky" shave

razor: Merkur 42c
blade: Feather
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
cream: TOBS Avocado
splash 1: floid suave
splash 2: dickinson witch hazel

5EqqTJb.jpg

so stinky
biggrin.png

Only one shaving left on this cream, I may finish it tomorrow. Nice first impresion of the feather blade

razor: Micromatic clogpruf
blade: Gem (3)
brush: Semogue SOC
soap: Tabac
A/S: floid

Sorry for all you out east suffering with the heat, but it's cold in Perth so that gave me the chance to go back to tabac. Since restarting shaving I haven't been able to use any tallow soaps (lost cella, mwf and some others). I had to restart shaving with only tabac, T&H, eshave and some sticks. Been a bit warm for tabac (not that I agree with seasonal scents, just that it's so strong if you get hot or sweaty you smell it all day).
So using a tallow soap meant I could put down the jnr 1912 and feather/tech and play with some aggressive razors IMO
A bit of irritation but the 3 shave old gem is pushing it for me, would have been nice for a 2 shave old one but they don't sell them like that :) Not a fan of the SOC lather either. I thought I'd need an old boar on this old very dried puck (usually use a badger with tallow soaps). Still, it's the closest shave I've had (E: this year, not compared to years ago when I was better at it ;) )

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword (10)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

Last day in the office this year.

Nice summery start with this combination. Will have to mix something up for tomorrow morning!

Have a great day guys (y)

Feather AC DX non folding
Feather AC pro blade (4)
Shaver Heaven Juicy Froot Tallow v3
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Re-lather and rinse

A nice 3 pass BBS this morning, albeit I have slightly less chin than I used to! This type of shaving does allow one to shave off some of those skin imperfections - not just the stubble!

Status
Not open for further replies.