Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feather AC DX non-folding
Feather AC Pro blade (5)
Shaver Heaven Juicy Froot Tallow v3
Omega 48
Re-lather and rinse

Another lovely BBS although I shaved off the same part of my chin again on the third pass! This blade has just gotten into its groove now... BTW did I mention how much I love this brush?

IMG_0013.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Maggard V2 slant + iKon OSS handle
Blade: Astra
Soap: Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Soap
Post: Ossam Alum / Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Creme / Jovan Musk cologne

A very efficient shave using the Maggard slant on the OSS handle. The added weight of the handle ensured perfect control as I mowed through 3 days growth :) Similar in design and shave to the iKon X3 but at a fraction of the price ;) Happy shaves!

That's something I can get behind. This old bloke hasn't heard of most razors, brushes and soaps in this thread. It's educational though :)
I think I'm going to bring out my slim next shave. Today though I just wanted a quick clean up mainly because it's getting warm and time for me to revisit EDTs and colognes and find best matches.

Brush: vie long horse
Soap: proraso green
Razor: feather portable for 2 passes
Blade: feather (1)
Post-shave: none
Cologne: bowling green EDT (very sweet, piney.) The feint scent after dry down reminds me a bit of T&H soap -besides the sweetness that is, so maybe I should have used that

IMG_0005.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Maggards V3 head on MR1 handle
Blade: Astra
Soap: Proraso White
Tried the V3 head on the MR1 handle and to my disappointment the shave felt uncomfortable after the first pass, to the point where I grabbed my trusty Merkur 34C to complete the shave :( I had already tried the V3A head a while back which was an efficient shave so to my surprise the V3 seemed the more aggressive razor despite the clear difference in blade gap between the two heads? I look forward to experimenting with different blade types as both razor heads shave well, in this particular shave too well for my liking, before I make my final judgement. I really love the razor handle :) Happy shaves!

Agreed. Although its an EJ89 clone, the Maggard V3 definitely has some bite. It shaves nothing like an EJ89/R89. During the first few uses, it was giving me the odd weeper on the first WTG pass. It's easy to misjudge it thinking it's a mild razor, which can result in weepers. It took me 13 shaves with this razor till I finally experienced a very good shave, therefore it can be dialed-in. Is it daily shaver ? Not for me it isn't, but it might be for others. There's also some razor blade play when loading it and considering the amount of exposure, it's best to double-check and manually align it if needed. Contrary to what most would believe, I found the Maggard Slant to be more mild than the V3 and it provided much smoother shaves. Give the V3 another shot down the track and persevere with it for a little longer - try a shallower angle with a very gentle touch (ride the cap a little more by raising the handle a little higher). The great thing about purchasing these items from Maggard is that they really don't cost much - with their economy shipping and first-class service, you really can't lose :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage British made Wilkinson Sword 'Premium Chromium' (2)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Le Pere Lucien Shave Soap
Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss Aftershave

24343196377_4a0c98e1f3_c.jpg

Brush: Maseto badger 26mm
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip
Blade: Personna Blue
Lather: B&M Promises
Post-shave: Thayers Peach & SV Felce Aromatica AS Balm
Fragrance: CK Eternity Aqua

Back from a brief posting hiatus despite watching the threads daily :) Considered joining the sabbatical briefly, but life's too short not to enjoy the things I love. Speaking of which, today is my wife's birthday (which always ends up as my last day at work)...so here's to all the wives & partners who tolerate & support our shaving affliction...May they never pick up the calculator to tally up all our expenses!!!

There was some ADP for me today @Snooze but not all in like @todras great pic. Leather Shower Gel And Cologne Concentree. I like it with Manuel’s Agarwood.​

I'm envious of the cooler weather, the time of the year where Agarwood, Sandalo and Tobacco have their place, they seat so well with the AdP fragrances too.

I also picked up the AdP Oud set and the Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano that I can't wait to use come the Autumn. Oh and also a couple of new AP Reserve Winter fragrances, all going well I will shoot you a couple of samples of them out shortly as you are in the perfect weather to give them a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.