Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 8x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (4)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Soap Sample
Aftershave: Pitralon 'Swiss' aftershave

Nice lather from the first use of a soap sample I received a little while back. Easing into the weekend.

26026104_1789268237752273_5633526729317774416_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons PJ2
Soap: APR, Lixiviant
Razor: Gem, MM, Bullet tip
Blade: Gem SS

Micromatics, great razors!​

z00HUow.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Paladin Falstaff
Wolfman WR1 OC
Feather
Catie's Bubbles Le Marché Du Rasage Soap
Catie's Bubbles Le Marché Du Rasage Aftershave
Catie's Bubbles Le Marché Du Rasage EDP

A very refreshing aquatic from a friend and fellow artisan, ideal for this hot and humid Sydney weather :)

Last edited:
39378338611_815ea43141_c.jpg

Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Blaster: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Went and saw The Last Jedi last night. Great movie but disappointed by the 'disneyfication' of characters and plot.
Nice combo this morning. DFS+ but with multiple passes and clean up. Still, it's fun when you've got nice kit.

39378338611_815ea43141_c.jpg

Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Blaster: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Went and saw The Last Jedi last night. Great movie but disappointed by the 'disneyfication' of characters and plot.
Nice combo this morning. DFS+ but with multiple passes and clean up. Still, it's fun when you've got nice kit.

Is that Imperial [Storm Trooper] Rum I see?

Date: 30 December 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 8x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

How was the new brush? Very tempted to get a badger before sabbatical. Any recommendations from that supplier?

Hr8cwSI.jpg
Bricks & Mortar

Vie Long (with changed knot)
Gillette FB 58 (3)
Gillette Super
RazorRock Irish Countryside
Eternity Now

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/Hr8cwSI.jpg?1)

Nice combo! Did you have the Vie-long reknotted with the same?

Use the insert picture frame icon to insert your images, hope that is helpful.

@58FB SOTDs
Hr8cwSI.jpg
:)

How was the new brush? Very tempted to get a badger before sabbatical. Any recommendations from that supplier?

The Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm knot feel great with excellent flow through while lathering so no issues about this knot, however the handle was a bit short for my hand when holding the brush, so I've managed a better way holding the brush without any further issue. I'm thinking about getting another Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger 24/54mm soon, so I'll better wait awhile because I've seen different handles from the same supplier classicshop2012 via eBay online.

@alfredus is the person who can tell you a lot more about this supplier, classicshop2012 via eBay online.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle & Forbes Pre-shave
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Mystic Water Pompelmo & Fiori
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage London Bridge (1)
Splash: APR Borked
EdC: DR Harris Traditional

First shave with a vintage London Bridge. Many have speculated that they are re-badged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades.
Not sure if that it true, but what I can say is that this blade is excellent. Very sharp and smooth - a pleasure to shave with.
Many thanks to @todras for the generous Xmas gift of the Borked Aftershave. Another fascinating scent - very fresh and perfect for the current summer conditions. The two notes that leap out for me are grapefruit and lychees, and thus a good match for the soap scent. Finished with the quintessentially English DR Harris Traditional cologne.

Very tempted to get a badger before sabbatical. Any recommendations from that supplier?

@RustyBlade, he doesn't have much choice now - items have not been relisted once their end date has been reached..... Normally there are over 70 items for purchase but now only about 38 ~ I think they're on holidays.

Guaranteed they'll come back with some fancy new irresistible handle designs in the middle of sabbatical :(

Knots are great though, both 2 and 3 band badgers.

20171228_SOTS_S.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Mühle XL Synthetic
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra
Virgin Olive Oil​

Same setup as a couple of days ago - happy last shave of 2017 (y)

Last edited:
Brush: Omega
Razor: RR Mamba (y)
Blade: Super Max
Soap: Proraso White Cream

Wishing you all a great night and happy shaves!:sleep:

WP_20171230_19_52_09_Pro.jpg

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30
Soap: Mikes Lime
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Refreshments: Gage Roads ~ Break Water

First shave in a week and I was at least twice as hairy as normal.... yes, pure festive season laziness on my part!
I had to loosen the head twice to remove clogged chin hair mid shave on the first pass. The General/Schick combo worked wonders and trimmed down the overgrowth with relative ease considering the task in hand. Second pass was a lot smoother and the excellent Mikes lather protected me from all potential nick/weepers for a nice clean damn fine shave... the last of 2017 I suspect.

First pass with the Gage Roads brewed refreshment was extremely quick and was all over in a matter of seconds.... a quick trip back to the fridge to load up again for the second pass which lasted a few minutes longer this time ~ both passes were nice, cold and smooth and hit the spot nicely.

Hot, sticky and sweaty in Brisbane tonight.... perfect time for my third visit to the fridge!

Holiday.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.