Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the new brush? Very tempted to get a badger before sabbatical. Any recommendations from that supplier?

Nice combo! Did you have the Vie-long reknotted with the same?

Use the insert picture frame icon to insert your images, hope that is helpful.

@58FB SOTDs
Hr8cwSI.jpg
:)

Thanks heaps for the tip on upload of images. As for the Vie Long I put a Silver tip knot in it originally had Horse Hair hated from the first go

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30
Soap: Mikes Lime
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Refreshments: Gage Roads ~ Break Water

Hot, sticky and sweaty in Brisbane tonight.... perfect time for my third visit to the fridge!
man, you need more menth in your routine :)

Pre: Shower/Original Source Mandarin & Basil w/ 8% menthol by weight
Razor: Gillette Toggle (9)
Blade: Vintage Polsilver Brown (3)
Soap: APR Australians All
Brush: Simpsons Polo 8 in Best
Refreshments: Woolies lightly sparkling spring water

Result = 3x passes, BBS and feeling great :)
Really enjoyed Australians All.
Top notes remind me of a Tim Tam with an oily fruitier dry down, eggplant/avocado came to mind, yet desire to explore further.
The menthol content is refreshing change to approaching the menth heads side of the fence with a nice light reaction.

Thanks @todras for another fine product, especially as it was done for the forums alone :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (5)
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Soap Sample
Aftershave: Pitralon 'Swiss' aftershave

Nice lather once again from this really nice soap sample.

Last shave of the year? WOW, so soon ...

man, you need more menth in your routine
Yes, could be a good plan to cool things down.... I may investigate the addition of menthol crystals to some soap - I think I have some menthol e-juice from my vape stash I could possibly consider.

Last shave of the year? WOW, so soon ...
You all ready to start a new post for those early morning New Year's risers?

@Scotty is that a 24mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger ??

No mate.... 30mm 2 band finest.

Still shows up as having stock on ebay when I look at purchase history but they've let it run past the end time and doesn't show up as currently available:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MS-2-Ba...var=511550531037&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Base : 41mm
Width of bristles at base : 30mm
Width of bristles at top : 56mm
Length of bristles : 54m
Length of Handle : 51mm
Weight : 92g

39368750752_62f8e9a5bf_h.jpg

Last installment of Stars Wars for the SOTD year. Pulling out the big names for this one! Starring:
Soap: Pb Bay/Lime MkIII (too many renditions for true identity to be known)
Brush: Captain Phasma (aka Omega 10083)
Razor: Darth Razor (aka Black Hawk)
Blade: Feather Pro Super (as himself)
Shaving Bowl: Meditation Chamber (aka Bronze Warrior)
Closing credits: Jar Jar Binks (aka Jojoba Oil)
X-Wing fueled by: Pb The Black Spruce AS
What a great way to finish the shaving year. Great shave with this combo. Thanks P&C, 2017 was fun, expensive but fun.

I hope you have a current permit for that brush @nsavage, that's thoroughly progressive!

Great photo too mate, good to see you posting here :)
No permit sorry but if the authorities come looking I have a fast getaway vehicle :LOL:. Thanks for the kind words as well @todras, my SOTD posts have been too few and far between lately I'm afraid.

It's a Wookie light sabre :)
Hilarious! At the same time it has me wondering how cool a force sensitive Wookie would be. Don't tell Disney though as I am sure they would mess it up.

At the same time it has me wondering how cool a force sensitive Wookie would be. Don't tell Disney though as I am sure they would mess it up.

You have a good point... Perfect time to bring them in to starring roles with the lack of Jedi Knights in the last 2 movies!

I have been enjoying PBs Star Wars theme photos.... I was wanting to take my son to see The Last Jedi today but big storms and hailstones are forecast for SEQ this afternoon so we won't be risking heading out in the car :(

Hilarious! At the same time it has me wondering how cool a force sensitive Wookie would be. Don't tell Disney though as I am sure they would mess it up.

It was an interesting film for many reasons, but it trashed the canon entirely with clumsy, idiotic jokes that fell flat and a myriad of failed and pointless sub plots that lead nowhere. The whole idea to bring in real-world devices (Im on hold, page turner) failed entirely and was pure cringe. They took everything established in the previous episode and destroyed it without any style. The saving grace being Adam Driver and Daisey Ridleys characters and performances which were excellent.

I grew up with those films and what they did with Last Jedi is unforgivable.

un3axC2.jpg

It was an interesting film for many reasons, but it trashed the canon entirely with clumsy, idiotic jokes that fell flat and a myriad of failed and pointless sub plots that lead nowhere. The whole idea to bring in real-world devices (Im on hold, page turner) failed entirely and was pure cringe. They took everything established in the previous episode and destroyed it without any style. The saving grace being Adam Driver and Daisey Ridleys characters and performances which were excellent.

I grew up with those films and what they did with Last Jedi is unforgivable.

un3axC2.jpg
I need to see it again. I saw it at the midnight premier screening and I am still not sure that I saw a Star Wars movie.....

Status
Not open for further replies.