Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been interested in the scent of Honey Ale, would you be able to bring it to the next meet? Fingers crossed it's not one I love seeing as it's already discontinued :nailbiting: (though still available overseas)
I'll add this to the list of soaps I was going to bring for the newbies to smell :)

Pre Shave: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Feather (1)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: RazoRock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Two passes with a few touch ups for DFS. (y)
Got a text message from my son this morning. He had his first shave with the Slim I loaned him. His words, the Gillette gave me the best shave ever, so smooth. Started on 6 first pass, 3 for second pass and 1 third pass. He was ecstatic that a 50 +year old razor worked so well.
I better start looking for a replacement. :)

Pre Shave: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Feather (1)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: RazoRock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Two passes with a few touch ups for DFS. (y)
Got a text message from my son this morning. He had his first shave with the Slim I loaned him. His words, the Gillette gave me the best shave ever, so smooth. Started on 6 first pass, 3 for second pass and 1 third pass. He was ecstatic that a 50 +year old razor worked so well.
I better start looking for a replacement. :)

Your son is using a razor you gave him - I think looking for a replacement is a small price to pay!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un cotelette de porc balm
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un cotelette de porc splash

What a way to start the day!
sous-vide-pork-chops-directions-image-medium-1.jpg

Had to follow up with bacon and eggs for breakfast!

Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere shaving soap
Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un cotelette de porc balm
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un cotelette de porc splash

What a way to start the day!
sous-vide-pork-chops-directions-image-medium-1.jpg

Had to follow up with bacon and eggs for breakfast!
My avatar is liking the look of these beauties.

Would you recommend this stuff in terms of the Sandalwood sent? I don't have anything that is Sandalwood dominated in my arsenal.

No not at all! TOBS is a sweet, powdery barbershop cologne scent, my dad used to shave with it. I really like it, but its miles away from Mysore Sandalwood.

For an alternative Sandalwood that is closer to the real thing 'Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cream' is the one you want or even 'D. R. Harris Sandalwood', I like both of them as they are much dryer, woodier & creamier and are an approximation of Mysore Sandalwood.

No not at all! TOBS is a sweet, powdery barbershop cologne scent, my dad used to shave with it. I really like it, but its miles away from Mysore Sandalwood.

For an alternative Sandalwood that is closer to the real thing 'Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cream' is the one you want or even 'D. R. Harris Sandalwood', I like both of them as they are much dryer, woodier & creamier and are an approximation of Mysore Sandalwood.
Thanks for the recs.

That was a close one! I had it in added to a cart a few nights ago and then backed off.

I been eyeing the Chatillion Lux Santal Auster EdP, but the 140 odd dollars it will cost to get plus the 3 months is a bit off putting atm. I'm also not sure how that type of scent will go in our springs and summers?

2u6h4q1.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Polsilver (2)
Semouge 830
AP Reserve Velours Noir Soap / Splash / EdT
TSW After Balm

This soap leaves your face so smooth. Seriously. I am on the fence with the menthol thing in splashes though. I don't think I could stand it in a soap.

The scent is building on me. With the soap and EdT I am picking up a woody feel after the citrus at the beginning. The citrus is still there but I am definitely experiencing more.

I feel like it's perfect weather in Sydney today for this scent.

Oh plus it's a day off shave:notworthy::)

Date: 15 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Stick
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Tabac Cologne

I have seen really nice shaves around.... here. Not in my bathroom lately, as I forgot my shaving gear almost 2 weeks ago. It was a great mistake, maybe the first, of a long chain of issues that has not stopped yet, some of them including the stopping of my "paydays", but, who cares when you can finally have your minutes off the world and shave?

1eX5aDx.jpg

quite long fur around my face, so nice to give try to the Seygus open comb.... these hairs anoying me on my face also made it a perfect lathering platform, I wold say better than any scuttle or suribachi, so I went for the BSB-2 silvertip for making the lather on my ugly face. Choosing the soap was not nearly as easy, so why not go for the new APR base and see it on the face? Ozymandias. Just perfect choice. some minor issues while shaving, and once finished... the real drama appeared!. I have nothing to compliment properly ozymandias :(.
Certainly my skin is not asking for a post-shave hekp, but I want something, after 2 weeks, I need to groom myself!. So, in abscense aof complimentary stuff, Lixiviant (also known as the bloody scent you could use at any circunstance of your life, as it will improve it!) took the job. I am very generous applying splashes, but that one is not available at least around here in the land of Oz, so I just use a few drops, from the sample @todras kindly sent me many months ago (it will still last for many more months)!)

and now, yes!, I feel like a man, again. I'll leave again in a couple of days for 2 weeks, but my shaving gear won;t be missed again!

I want to acknowledge Buda, shaped in an old elephant marfil piece as it has help me to set the pace on myself....

IUMTOQS.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A bit of a rushed shave today, but still very nice and smooth not least thanks to this gorgeous Mystic Water lather whipped up with the wonderful Paladin Sumo.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Baskerville shaving soap
Balm: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve splash

Pork chops one day, Special Reserve the next - it is good to be a man!

I mean, how much more manly can you get than this Special Reserve - it is testosterone in a bottle. So old school, so manly. Off to conquer the world ...

Status
Not open for further replies.